How to slim down thighs

Options
I'm on a weightloss, and healthy lifestyle journey and I just wanted a few tips to help trim down thighs that's my hardest area to lose and then my arms.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    eat at a calorie defecit

lift heavy things and put them down again - squats, deadlifts .. include lunges

you can't spot reduce
  • divvyh
    divvyh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    True you can't spot reduce, but do the squats and lunges. They'll look more shapely. You'll feel better about them.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Thighs are my problem area too.
    I Powerwalk and now have started lifting weights,.... so hopefully they'll firm up a bit.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    eat at a calorie defecit

lift heavy things and put them down again - squats, deadlifts .. include lunges

you can't spot reduce

+1

Where your body tends to store fat is genetically determined, and there's unfortunately not much we can do to change that. Reducing your overal BF% is the only way to reduce fat in those areas.
  • saramichelle89
    saramichelle89 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Cardio and strength training together. I have the same problem, but mostly cellulite. I HATE it. I am really working on it and see great improvement. 5-6 days of cardio a week, 3 to 4 days of strength training and a clean diet will do wonders.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    5-6 days of cardio a week, 3 to 4 days of strength training and a clean diet will do wonders.

What is a clean diet?

And how many days are in your weeks? Here in Iowa, we only get 7.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    5-6 days of cardio a week, 3 to 4 days of strength training and a clean diet will do wonders.

What is a clean diet?

You don't do cardio and weights on the same day? Slacker :P

@saramichelle89 - rather than being baited into this thread becoming a "clean eating" food fight, you may wish to answer that question in one of the many current clean eating threads.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »

What is a clean diet?

You don't do cardio and weights on the same day? Slacker :P

I don't have 'cardio' days...I do some cardio (mostly biking) but not dedicated days.

I also have rest days too.