Get fit playing video games? You betcha! (New bikini!)

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :smile:

For the running, I started with Couch to 5k at the end of December, and I'm currently doing a 10k training plan from Active.com. I think there's only a week or so left of that.

I got the EA Sports Active game at the end of January, and usually do it 4 x a week, sometimes a little more. I started with the 9 Week Challenge on Medium, then did the 3 Week Cardio Kickstart on Hard, then started the 9 Week Challenge on Hard. Just finished week 6 (workout 24) yesterday. Sometimes I do extra custom workouts. I swapped out the resistance band for 5# weights, but I think it's getting near time to bump it up to 8 or 10 pounders.
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are definitely ready for the summer. WTG!!!!!
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You are inspirational! And I hope to be looking that good in my bikinis as we move further into the summer!

I started Couch to 5k-- and I think I can be very successful with it--so many people have been.

Can I add you?
  • Aps123
    Aps123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    you looke amazing! great job on all your hard work!
  • Aurelina
    Aurelina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    !!! wowowowowowowo !!! (((-: Big smiles for you!! Congrats!!
  • mike20603
    mike20603 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love the after-run picture. It tells so much to the people new to here and maybe new to exercize/fitness/running. To me, it says:

"This smile, this sweat, and this me does not come quick, easy, or free."

But....it is SO worth it.

You look like a woman who feels awesome. I am fond of saying that all women are beautiful when they smile...and that's a helluva smile.
  • Clairezibel
    Clairezibel Posts: 13
    Options
    You look absolutely gorgeous! I use the Kinect and the Wii Fit Plus, it's so encouraging to see the video game work outs...work! The success stories part of this site is the best - I always come and check it out when I'm craving treats, and it gives you such a will power boost to see everyone doing so well! Congratulations again!
  • BethanieK
    BethanieK Posts: 201
    Options
    You look awesome, and I love your bikini! :)
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You are ROCKIN' your bikini this summer! Awesome!!!
    I love my Wii Zumba!!! It's nice to be able to work out at home and see results!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Younger and healthier! Love the tats!
  • FK1983
    FK1983 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Wow! absolutely amazing!
    Is EA Active better than Wii Fit? I have a Wii and wii fit but never use it, I also have a 360 I would like to buy it on or maybe a kinect or something :)
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    You look Hottttt!!!! You shold be so proud of yourself :flowerforyou:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Wow! absolutely amazing!
    Is EA Active better than Wii Fit? I have a Wii and wii fit but never use it, I also have a 360 I would like to buy it on or maybe a kinect or something :)

I don't know. I never played Wii. I don't think you need Kinect for it, though. I have the Playstation Move, but it's not required for this game. It's available for the Wii, too.

The one thing I *really* like about it, though, is that you can import your own music, so you're not exercising to the canned elevator crap that comes with the game.

Sadly, they had an "update" that made it so your custom music isn't played during step aerobics or boxing. :grumble:
  • blasianbarbie
    Options
    Wow! Wow! Wow! Enough said? No congrats because you are doing amazing and looking amazing!!! Keep up the good work!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Amazing results!!!!!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and I love your bikini.. I love blk & white and both of the patterns... now i want one lol. Keep it up cause you look great and the work has paid off :)
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Wow hun you look AMAZING!!! Keep it up!
  • brndygrl98
    brndygrl98 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You look great! Good job!
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! and I'm loving the reversible bikini!
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! I want to be u:blushing:
    Congrats on your hard work, it's worth it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!