Getting started AGAIN!!

Options
well Im back at it. and yeah it sucks that I fell off but I'm back on it and determined to meet my goal and stay there. I've lost weight so many times over the years (most of them not being the healthiest of ways) but I'm on track, focused and going about it the "right away". I've learned to take it one moment at a time. I could say one day at a time but so much goes on in a day that for me personally it needs to be broken up into moments. The moment you get hungry for chips or a burger or what about that moment you crave something sweet and you don't want no damn fruit lol. what about the moment it's time for you to work out and you're already exhausted from work And/or everything else that your daily life throws at you. these moments throughout your day are the most important and are crucial to your success. it's at these moments where you make the decision that you are in charge and not food, its where you make the decision that although you don't feel like doing that cardio or whatever the workout may be, that moment you still get up and do it anyway. I am extremely proud of myself and all of you who are taking this journey also because it is not an easy one. good luck to everyone and blessings and success.

Replies

• emailme178
    emailme178 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    im back toooooo lol. i gained 9lbs of the 22 i lost and im not allowing it all to creep back on!!
  • Stefie_G
    Stefie_G Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. Back on the wagon now though. We can do this!
  • YDNC
    YDNC Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am adding you ladies!! Let's get this done hehee :)
  • Emmyfit2015
    Emmyfit2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fitlife80, I like your post about "moments". You're absolutely right. All those little moments add up and will contribute to the outcome of your success. I lost 50 pounds last year, but have hit a plateau with the other 50 I still need to shed. It's frustrating sometimes because I will lose 5 or 10 and then put it back on. Sometimes it gets overwhelming but I will try to focus on one moment at a time.
  • melissaf0405
    melissaf0405 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Honestly your post could have been written by me!! I fell off and am climbing and clawing my way back onto the wagon. Yesterday I was way over calories mostly thanks to chips cause as you said I didn't want fruit. Lol. And you're right we should all be proud that we are taking the steps necessary to get and stay healthy!!
  • clouddancer19
    clouddancer19 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    When I did the steps necessary and I followed and logged, I did lose weight. Unfortunately, a little thing happened and I didn't log, then another little thing happened, and then it snowballed and didn't take much to be completely out of the good habits I had developed. I did gain back that weight, and have even gained more. It takes so much effort some days (thank you, depression). However, I recently went on a trip to NYC with my parents and my older son, and there were quite a few places where my wide behind definitely did not fit in the chairs. My husband doesn't think it's a good idea to do this again, but I think I need to. We may be poor, but I still don't need to eat so much. It may start making our money go further.
  • ToshaPfit4life
    ToshaPfit4life Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm on a mission AGAIN as well :# I've gained 15 lbs ....I can't stand it...my thighs are rubbing together is the worst for me. So I need to lose at least 20 lbs any suggestions will help.
  • MrsRJ11
    MrsRJ11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes I am right there with you. I fell off the wagon for about 7 months smh. Now I'm back at it and focused and I'm going to see this thing thru.
  • punkrockmama
    punkrockmama Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Gah! I hear that! A series of life moments and I've gained all the weight I'd lost...and THEN SOME. It's killing me, and seems so much harder this time around, but I know that I have to lose the weight in order to live the healthy life I desire!
  • MsNeumann
    MsNeumann Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I did WW probably 3 or 4 separate times without much success. Thinking there wasn't anything better out there, I was about to rejoin as an online subscriber (at about $20 per month!) and remembered hearing of this and checked it out. So glad I did! It's very similar to the WW online service but for me, it is working so much better! First, I think the amount of nutritional information is much more helpful than just tracking points. Second, it's free! And lastly and probably most important in my journey, is the community and the friends I've made so far on here. Getting to know others going through the same thing as you is so helpful and communicating with people daily really keeps your head in the game! I wish everyone here success, and feel free to add me- the more the merrier!
  • grace1mfp811
    grace1mfp811 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Starting all over again too! :( I want positive friendships:)
  • randerson96
    randerson96 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I totally understand what everyone is going through! Lets all pull together and help each other!!! I need some major accountability!!!
  • ladym8204
    ladym8204 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Back at it also. Currently at my heaviest. Would love to have some new back at it again friends. Feel free to add me as a friend! :)
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I'll add my me too. 22 pounds to lose. Please add me too, all my friends are "old timers"!
  • fitlife80
    fitlife80 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Stefie_G wrote: »
    I'm with you. Back on the wagon now though. We can do this!
    We already are!
  • fitlife80
    Options
    Fitlife80, I like your post about "moments". You're absolutely right. All those little moments add up and will contribute to the outcome of your success. I lost 50 pounds last year, but have hit a plateau with the other 50 I still need to shed. It's frustrating sometimes because I will lose 5 or 10 and then put it back on. Sometimes it gets overwhelming but I will try to focus on one moment at a time.
    I agree and we all have the same goal: to get our health and bodies in order. I am happy you were able to take something from my post and I look forward to giving and gain all of the support and motivation possible. Happy day!!
  • betharina25
    betharina25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am back as well, I was doing so good with exercising and eating well, then I hurt my knee and fell completely off the wagon, now I have been diagnosed with dairy and gluten intolerance its really difficult. Mostly its the dairy but anyway I am back on the healthy living and eating, going to take off this weight I gained back and lose what I was working so hard on,
    Thank all you for being here it really helps me not feel alone
  • JaiLieu
    JaiLieu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love this post! I had a whole lot of those "moments" that resulted in me gaining back 19lbs of the 36lbs I'd lost :s In the past month and some change though I've lost 12 lbs....being mindful of those moments and not giving way to how discouraging those setbacks can be :) Good luck to everyone on their journey!
  • fitlife80
    Options
    Honestly your post could have been written by me!! I fell off and am climbing and clawing my way back onto the wagon. Yesterday I was way over calories mostly thanks to chips cause as you said I didn't want fruit. Lol. And you're right we should all be proud that we are taking the steps necessary to get and stay healthy!!

I LOVE the "climbing and clawing".. lol. I had a visual and that is so true and relatable.
  • fitlife80
    Options
    When I did the steps necessary and I followed and logged, I did lose weight. Unfortunately, a little thing happened and I didn't log, then another little thing happened, and then it snowballed and didn't take much to be completely out of the good habits I had developed. I did gain back that weight, and have even gained more. It takes so much effort some days (thank you, depression). However, I recently went on a trip to NYC with my parents and my older son, and there were quite a few places where my wide behind definitely did not fit in the chairs. My husband doesn't think it's a good idea to do this again, but I think I need to. We may be poor, but I still don't need to eat so much. It may start making our money go further.
    It may save money but overall if you're not in a place where you're not happy with yourself physically and you want to get healthy and lose. Then I say BE HAPPY AND HEALTHY! You'll definitely feel better and I'm sure you already know that from when you lost weight before. It's so easy to fall off the wagon and you're absolutely right it can seem like a domino effect and you eventually look up and all of those good habits are ling gone. I hope that you do what will be best for you and makes you happiest. I havent checked yet but If we're not friends already I'm adding you. We all need the support of others who can relate. Have a great day!