weigh in ???

Options
how often is every 1 weighing in ?? i plan to do it every week on a fri morn , iv been advised to weigh befor i have anything to eat or drink as well ...... im hoping i can keep to this , last time i got a bit obsessed and was weighing myself every day !!

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Right now I am weighing in everyday (usually twice -- morning and night). But, I am still tracking what is going on with upp'ing my calories. I used to weigh in once a week - on Sundays. Though I probably should have done it on Wednesday or something since I tend to eat horribly on the weekends while I'm at work.
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hi sarahcowley1 - I know what you mean about obsessing. I plan to weigh myself once per week, also on Fridays. That way if I screw up on the weekend, I still have 5 days to get back on track before the next weigh in. :tongue:
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    i do it every week when i get up on a monday before my coffee and breakfast, whenever u do it u shud do it the same time every week. I am on my wii fit everyday and this also tells me my weight but i just go by my scales weekly, hope that helps.x
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    once a week, same day, same time, same clothes, early in the morning. Good luck with it
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    1-2 times a Week is Good Mon and Frid. Yes before you eat or drink right after you use the restroom and in your birthday suite.
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    thats a good idea i never thought of doing my weight on a fri in case i go over at the weekend, think ill give that a go.x
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself once a day and I got very discouraged at all the ups and downs and didn't see a real difference in my weight. Then I decided to weigh myself once a week on Wednesdays and it has been awesome! I see a much bigger difference in my totals and it gives me the boost of confidence I need to keep going, or change something if I need to. I also measure myself and take a pic, along with weighing myself every Wednesday morning before I eat or drink anything.
  • mattbryan
    mattbryan Posts: 147
    Options
    Do what works for you. I weigh myself daily, and it works for me. Where as I don't always see a loss (and sometimes see a gain), it helps me stay focused every single day on making the correct choices about diet and exercise. Many people choose to weigh once a week because it helps them not worry about the fluctuations due to water retention and normal body cycles. Bottom line...do what works for you. If you don't like what you're doing, change it up!
  • steph19812008
    Options
    I tend to go with the weight I am post-workout on a Sunday. If I weigh myself during the week it tends to fluctuate and gets me down.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    One day a week only. Same time (AM) after I get up and move around and before I eat/ workout. Always naked :smile:

It if's TOM, I will skip my weigh-in that week and do it the following. Saves me from losing my mind when I am bloated.
  • chickenlittle
    Options
    I weigh once a month if I am lucky. I dislike the scale and it really sways my mood if I get on and I haven't lost as much as I think I should have. I measure myself regularly though.
  • paulyarwooduk
    paulyarwooduk Posts: 109
    Options
    The day makes no difference but as everyone has said, weigh yourself at the same time every time. I usually weigh myself in the evening because that's the heaviest I will ever weigh. If I weigh myself in the morning I could be 7 pounds or more lighter. Although that sounds good I know that isn't my weight in the evening.
  • a_dawn
    a_dawn Posts: 47
    Options
    I started on Monday and was going to do my weigh in's on Mondays, but switched to Saturdays because that is my rest day from exercise. I get up, go to the bathroom and then weigh and I'm gonna do it at the same time every week. I used to do it everyday, but it could be really discouraging. I had to make myself wait this week to weigh in...lol. I was excited to see the big change. But that's what works for me. Everyone is different. Good luck!
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every other day because it helps me stay focused on my efforts. I tend to get lazy with my eating otherwise. I've also found that now that I am well hydrated with 10 glasses of water a day and my sodium intake is regulated better my wt doesn't fluctuate near what it used to day to day depending on what I was eating/drinking. Kinda NEAT! I've also learned that when I don't show any wt loss or a small wt gain a few days before TOM, I STOP weighing myself for the next 7 days. Keeps me from losing my mind like MizzDoc said. :flowerforyou:
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on thursday morning, after I have been up all night and eating all night. I have found that I don't want to change my time or day of weigh in......I have been doing that since feb and it is working for me. I haven't weighed in on an empty stomach throughout this process.