protein powder on rest days?

Options
I've recently added protein powder to my diet and workout routine and I've really enjoyed it! Got a really great brand, 20g for one scoop and a great chocolate taste. I blend it up with a cup of spinach, handful of berries, and almond milk and I'm happy.
However I usually workout in the morning and have been essentially having them for breakfast after finishing. On my off days I'll have more like a whole wheat English muffin, peanut butter, and berries but I have wanted to keep having the shake instead. Do you all think that is wise?
I keep within my nutrient needs and calorie range but is it better to have the "whole foods" or am I fine having the shake?

Replies

• sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I use protein shakes to supplement my protein intake even on rest days. If you like them and it fits in your goals, then go for it.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I use protein powder in my smoothie every morning regardless of my workouts...

I might not on the weekends as I get craving eggs and toast and bacon but for me it's just to ensure I Have an easy breakfast in the summer that is cool....hence the smoothie. Normally I eat eggs so I don't think adding in protein powder as a supplement is bad at all.
  • Ilovebaking13
    Ilovebaking13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you. Why not?