Trying to stay positive

Options
Hello MFP friends!

So I have been doing this for just over 10 days now and I have been doing pretty well. However, yesterday I seem to have had somewhat of a melt down. I'm not sure when or how it happened, but I let my guard down a bit and it seemed like I started busting at the seams. One bad decision led to another, and then another. My initial problem I think was that I went to work with no snacks and no real plan to get through my day. What a disaster that turned out to be! I went way over my calories.

I woke up this morning and amazingly didn't beat myself up too badly about it. (but it's still in the back of my mind) I know if I continue to think about how I screwed up, it will only encourage me to eat something bad and continue to be lazy and not cook.

Anyone have any tips on how they keep themselves thinking positively? It's a 3 days weekend and I need some happy thoughts.

Replies

• steph19812008
    Options
    Always remember that everyone needs a 'splurge day'. Whether it's once a week, once a fortnight, or just whenever you have a day like you just had, one day is not going to ruin all the work you've put in. No-one can lose weight successfully and keep it off by sticking to a strict calorie-controlled diet every single day, but as long as you know how to get back on track then no need to worry.

Try telling yourself that you can have another 'off' day when you reach a certain target weight - that works for me.
  • mattbryan
    mattbryan Posts: 147
    Options
    This happens to everyone. It's not a bad thing. It's nothing that should make you feel guilty. Days like that help me keep my sanity!

However, tomorrow is a new day and ripe for good decisions and doing what needs to be done. You can do it! Stay strong, and always remember to get back up and keep pushing whenever you fall. Also, coming here for motivation and support is a great way to give yourself a bit of a crutch when you're feeling weak!

You CAN do it! You WILL do it! :)
  • esmestarz
    esmestarz Posts: 30
    Options
    yes I agree....Tomorrow is a new day start fresh and remember we r all here for suport n motivation
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    This happens to everyone at one time or another. Every single one of us.

Today is a new day, so let tomorrow be the past. You can't change what happened yesterday - but you can prevent it from happening again today.

:)
  • lynnstar_lynnstar
    lynnstar_lynnstar Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I had a Krispy Kreme meltdown yesterday. But today is a new day and I will not beat myself up over yesterday's not-so-great food choice. The members here are so supportive and offer great words of encouragement. We are here for your support!
  • oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    One day doesn't define you. Kick the pebble out of your shoe and keep on going. I like that you looked back and knew the things you missed that got you off track. You can do it and you're worth the effort! Head held high! Go tackle the day ! :-) Yvonne