Subtracting an element of a food in the library

Options
Is there some way to do this. I enter a Burger King Whopper, then wish to subtract the bun. If the whopper is listed and the bun is listed. I know to enter a percentage of the whopper if i only eate half of it but what if i just wanted to get rid of the carb element? Any way to do something like this? ANother example is a salad in the library might include the croutons in the carb with no other carb items, how do i knock out those calories from the salad.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You enter the whopper. Then you add the bun separately, but instead of a 1 in front of the bun you make it a -1. That will subtract the calories and macros from the compound food to account for you not eating the bun.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    I look for entries that include the subtraction. There is an entry for "Burger King Whopper no bun" but I would go to BK's website to confirm the accuracy.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    You enter the whopper. Then you add the bun separately, but instead of a 1 in front of the bun you make it a -1. That will subtract the calories and macros from the compound food to account for you not eating the bun.

I never knew you could do that...awesome info!
  • TeenageDream1369
    TeenageDream1369 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wait, no *kitten*??? Dude that's so amazingly helpful!!!! Thank you!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

I never knew you could do that...awesome info!

I don't use it often, but it is pretty awesome.
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Just FYI, the negative sign doesn't work on the Android app (not sure about the iPhone app). It does work on the website though.
  • actorkent
    actorkent Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Being a math lover I cannot believe I didn't think of it. Yahoo. Thanks a thousand.
  • OteroG05
    OteroG05 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Learn something new everyday. Thanks!
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options

Whaaaat? So glad to know this now!
  • Candleknight
    Candleknight Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just FYI, the negative sign doesn't work on the Android app (not sure about the iPhone app). It does work on the website though.

Thanks! I was getting really frustrated with the app not taking negative numbers (what a silly programming mistake!) It's so nice to know there's a workaround!!!
    8D