Dad dealing with a dad body Add plz

Options
HooDxa
HooDxa Posts: 4 Member
just a dad trying to set a great example for my son and family. He's a new addition, but I want to start down the right path. Looking for any friends that can keep me in target. I will do the same.

Replies

• MamaHokie
    MamaHokie Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    HaHa "dad body"
    I have "mom body"
    I have 4 kids (8, 6, 3, and 1). Since having our latest addition, I'm ready to transition from baby maker/feeder back into athlete. I'll add you.
  • kailibertsch
    kailibertsch Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've heard dad bodies are the new 'in' thing.
  • HooDxa
    Options
    Yeah they are unless you have one haha.
  • kailibertsch
    kailibertsch Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I read an article about it just last week. Makes girls feel safe or like they can eat pizza or something. Congratulations on your new addition! Good luck to you!
  • Lwin9813
    Lwin9813 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Im in exactly the same boat. Just had a baby and need to get in shape for my wedding next may
  • kaiwooglin
    kaiwooglin Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ha I'm right along with ya with the dad body!
  • HooDxa
    Options
    Glad to see I'm not alone in this process. Let's just keep with it. Check in each day, control the amount we eat and add some exercise.
  • HooDxa
    Options
    Lwin9813 wrote: »
    Im in exactly the same boat. Just had a baby and need to get in shape for my wedding next may

Wedding?! That's awesome marriage is the best, people talk junk about it but communication is key. Just talk everything out. Good luck
  • InnerWeight
    InnerWeight Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not a dad, nor am I a mom yet. Men tend to gain weight when they have kids because your first priority is no longer yourself. So try to take time out at the gym or if that is to long from your baby jog around your neighborhood or something of the sort. But I'm sure you know this.
  • InnerWeight
    InnerWeight Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 50 pds so we shall see.
  • GWehsling
    GWehsling Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Even when they are young, you still need that strength and flexibility to swing them up onto your shoulders when shopping or a strong back to run behind them on tricycles etc. It's all odd angles and lots of bending over - I have twins, they are now 5 and I'm thankful I have energy and strength to manage and run after them. Having that flexibility - a good back and knees - means you can get down to their level and help build Legos or fix bicycles all while being able to climb trees and rescue kittens and kites. It is all the difference to a small kid not to know that their dad is always on the couch sleeping or recovering from sore back etc. Well done, a great choice you have made and it will help you bond with your kid at a young age, trust me.

I've added you.
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your baby! I'm trying to do the same thing with my kids and family. The secret is being consistent. Feel free to add me!
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I am an active support for my friends by liking and commenting on statuses and updates :) If you are willing to do the same, please feel free to add me with a little message about yourself! And no, I am not a coach or trying to sell anything :)