Hey! Restarting my weight loss journey after a boderline eating-disorder

Options
Hello all :smiley:

Name's Helena and I have just gotten started here.
I was always obese as a kid, at some point I was 80 kg (176 pounds) on a 1.51m (5'1) tiny body. I know there are worse cases out there, but seeing that I'm quite short, it was a lot, and I was convinced it was the main reason for my lack of social life and happiness. When I was 17 I decided to change it, however, not in the best way. I developed an obsession and I lost 20 kg in less than 4 months by crash dieting and refusing to eat meals. Finally I was at 55kg (121), but my body was weak and, well, soft.
I went to study abroad when I finished high school, and with the stress of the changes and my job my weight went back up to 65kg (143) after 2 years.

So here I am, hoping to got back to healthy weight, this time in a better, steadier way. Also, I really want to gain muscle strength.

Anyone in the same situation? Do you have any advice for me?

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I do not have any advise but there is a OA group. the people there might be able to better relate and support

glad you are here
  • dare2bloved
    dare2bloved Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you are here as well. I had an eating disorder when I was younger. I would starve myself or I would eat and then Purge. It was not until my daughter,a t the time was in 7th grade caught me. It was awful. I knew I had to change. I started a weight loss program that encourage heating healthy and had a support group. It was still hard. In my mind I felt like every time I looked at food or put it to my mouth I would gain weight, but they were telling me I had to eat. It seemed like I was eating a lot, but I started to lose and with support I did. Now that was years ago. lol I have gained weight back and started on her this week to gain support again. You can do it, you must change your thought process, study and research about food. You become obsessed about food in a different way. :smile: The clean eating way