Jamie Eason LiveFit 12 week program - super sets??

Options
I start Phase 2 next week & I don't think I'll be able to do the "Super Sets". I understand what they are but my gym layout will make it impossible to do some of them. So my questions are - what are the benefits of the "Super Sets"? Will it stall any progress if I just do the exercises individually?

Replies

• bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I just started her program today! My arms were jello and I'm not new to lifting. Following...
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Phase 1 is good...I'm so glad she brings you into is slowly because Phase 2 is a killer! And I'm only on day 3 of it and I'm exhausted!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    queenbea77 wrote: »
    So my questions are - what are the benefits of the "Super Sets"? Will it stall any progress if I just do the exercises individually?

It was once believed that supersetting was better for bulking up and burning fat, but we now know from studies that it doesn't do much except tire you out.

It's an ok program for building mass, but there are better ones out there.
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    It's definately challenging. I certainly feel my arms & thighs are firmer. I'm not looking to do anything other than firm up - I'll leave the body building & bikini competitions to others.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    "Firming" is mostly about fat loss, and any exercise contributes to that. ;)
    The 6-day body part split of her program is an advanced bodybuilder's routine (regardless of who she claims it's for). Almost everyone else does better with a full-body workout or a 2-day split, or at most a 3-day split.. but even that is rarely warranted unless bulking is the goal. If you just want to "tone up", i'd go with NROLFW, Stronglifts, or something similar.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Supersets save me time. I workout with my husband, so if he's doing a cable set, for.example, I do a set of push ups instead of standing there waiting for him to finish.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I enjoy supersets because they do save me time. But in regards to the ones in her program (which I just started this week) I won't be able to accomplish them either for the same reasons. I have no idea if it will stall out progress but I won't be doing them. I would think any "progress stall" would be very minimal at best. Hopefully others can offer more insight.