Worked out yesterday and ate lightly throughout the day - this is what I "binged" on last night:

Options
ElJefeChief
ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
edited July 2015 in Food and Nutrition
1 bag of "Pop Secret Homestyle" popcorn = 510 calories
1/4 cup of sugar-free hersheys chocolate chips = 240 calories
2 sugar free popsicles = 30 calories

I ended up with over 300 calories left over for the day, which was good.

But you know? The eating wasn't that satisfying. I mean, the popcorn tasted good, but it didn't really significantly scratch any "itch" for me.

Replies

• kailibertsch
    kailibertsch Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You know what I don't get about popcorn? Why it has a calorie count for it in the unpopped state. Who is eating unpopped popcorn?
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    You know what I don't get about popcorn? Why it has a calorie count for it in the unpopped state. Who is eating unpopped popcorn?

Oh yes. That annoyed me greatly last night when I was trying to figure out exactly how to add it into MFP. I finally figured it out, but yes, that's majorly stupid. Unpopped popcorn = broken teeth = not yummy.

• kailibertsch
    kailibertsch Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That wouldn't satisfy me either. Not enough substance or heft there. I need to have that feeling of having just eaten. That's why I can't do protein shakes or any of the meal replacement type of drinks. I've been working out extra this week and find myself craving lots of bread and carb heavy stuff. Wish me luck and willpower!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    For 800 calories, I'd have a steak and potatoes or something! :)
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    If I was gonna have 800 calories for a treat, I'd go for some cheesecake, brownie, torte, peanut butter pie, or something like that!

I find popcorn is not too hard to fit in on a normal day if I want some.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    That's the saddest "binge" I think I've ever seen.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Doesn't seem like a binge to me, just over eating a bit....
  • coryrood
    coryrood Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I binges on HALF of a family size papa's Favorite papa murphys pizza thin crust. 1300 cal. Only went over my goal by 20 cal.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

My thought exactly.

Take a look at my diary on Tuesday OP, specifically the second half of the day. Now that's a binge :wink:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Agreed...when I decide to go all out it's poutines, deep fried fish of some sort, cheese cake, ice cream, pie etc...if I am eating 800 calories when I am done I am gonna say

Holy crap that was sooooo worth it...
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Now I want popcorn.
  • kitkatkarr
    kitkatkarr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I hate that feeling, it feels good during the moment. But afterthefact, that crap aint worth it! Gimme my calories back!
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    So if you ate your "binge" for 800 calories and had 300 left over, doubt if you hit reasonable macro/micro requirements. NBD for a day but wouldn't make a habit of it.
  • kittywrangler
    kittywrangler Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    coryrood wrote: »
    I binges on HALF of a family size papa's Favorite papa murphys pizza thin crust. 1300 cal. Only went over my goal by 20 cal.

I did that Tuesday evening. Except it was a Large Thin Crust "perfeCt". I made myself feel better momentarily by only eating the topping of the other half, leaving the crust. (hangs head in shame)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

HAHA! So much this. I came expecting to see at least 5,000+ calories blown & left disappointed.
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I made a salad for dinner last night with more calories than that!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Could have had a plate of nachos for those calories. I don't get it.