Shakeology

Options
I have been using shakeology for 30 days and love the results. I have to use it more as a supplement than a meal replacement, for my size. Does anyone else use this?

Replies

• kelleyjhale
    kelleyjhale Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I supplement with a whey protein and love it. I definitely am one that can't do it just as a meal replacement.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    Not anymore. I was a sucker for a couple of months, but it's a bloated over priced protein powder meal replacement product. There is no way a bag of that should cost 130 bucks.

I use whey protein and it's much much better.

^^this. If you really feel you need a supplement, look at protein.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I thought they were vile
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I just have a normal protein powder and a multivitamin :+1:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    There are more cost effective ways to obtain a supplement replacement. Try a few of the other "thicker" protein powders. Difference can be $3 per serving vs Shakeology.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I like to know what I'm putting in my body. They refuse to tell people just what is in those shakes.

Plus, I refuse to support them because they're a shady company.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I like to know what I'm putting in my body. They refuse to tell people just what is in those shakes.

Plus, I refuse to support them because they're a shady company.

Agreed. I think the way they market ("free" clean eating challenges, infiltrating these forums, MLM pressure selling tactics, completely unqualified people calling themselves 'coach' etc.) speaks volumes about the company.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    No. And there's a reason why I've never tried it; it's complete trash.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    NO. They are absurdly overpriced because of the MLM kickbacks. ABSURDLY. And I'd prefer to eat real food. As a "supplement"? If you're trying to lose weight, why would you use a supplement? And if you WANTED a supplement, why Shakeology? Why not protein powder? Do you like throwing money away?

Finally, the company's so sleazy, unethical, and disgusting that I've decided that I couldn't live with myself if I gave them any money. I'm interested in some of the programs on DVD, and I WAS considering the streaming option, but now I'm going to just buy the DVDs used so they don't get anything.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    Not anymore. I was a sucker for a couple of months, but it's a bloated over priced protein powder meal replacement product. There is no way a bag of that should cost 130 bucks.

I use whey protein and it's much much better.
    ^^^This!
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My sister uses it and let me have some to try. I really liked the chocolate one mixed with coffee.

However, the price prevents me from using it. $130 plus shipping? ARE YOU SERIOUS??
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    As a "supplement"? If you're trying to lose weight, why would you use a supplement?

I'm confused. What's wrong with supplementing protein if you're having trouble hitting your macros, even if you're trying to lose weight?

I supplement nearly every day to reach my goal because it's easy and meat is expensive.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    OP - yeah, good luck with that. Shakeo is overpriced garbage.
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I have been using shakeology for 30 days and love the results. I have to use it more as a supplement than a meal replacement, for my size. Does anyone else use this?

I've been a Shakeology user but recently found "Cleanshake," which is a smaller container but only $45. It seems to have pretty decent nutrition. Most folks on here will call Shakeology garbage and overpriced, and while it is overpriced, I don't personally think it's garbage. There are some good aspects to it including the pre- and probiotics. But it's not necessary for a healthy diet and can be troublesome if you actually like to eat your calories. I'm going to give Cleanshake a go because I like to make stuff with it like pancakes, muffins, and I add it to Greek yogurt for a chocolate mousse-type snack.
  • GloWorm430
    GloWorm430 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of friends who are beach body coaches, and although they both look fantastic, I refuse to buy into the hype. I'm not a shake person, and I certainly prefer whole, fresh fruit, smoothies, with a little added protein from either vegan powder, silken tofu, or yogurt.
  • GloWorm430
    GloWorm430 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My sister uses it and let me have some to try. I really liked the chocolate one mixed with coffee.

However, the price prevents me from using it. $130 plus shipping? ARE YOU SERIOUS??

Yeah, even if I wanted to try it, the cost would prohibit me from doing so. I hate when I have to spend more than $15 a container for my protein.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    As a "supplement"? If you're trying to lose weight, why would you use a supplement?

I'm confused. What's wrong with supplementing protein if you're having trouble hitting your macros, even if you're trying to lose weight?

I supplement nearly every day to reach my goal because it's easy and meat is expensive.
    Nothing wrong with it

Unless you're spending $130 on a bag you could get at GNC for $30.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »

Nothing wrong with it

Unless you're spending $130 on a bag you could get at GNC for $30.

Bingo :smile:

I love my chocolate whey/PB2 shakes. They're much cheaper than Shakeology, taste better, and help me to meet my goals.