1800 cals a day club...

Options
fatjen1981
fatjen1981 Posts: 7 Member
edited July 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hey lovely weight lossers!
Is anyone out there eating 1800 cals a day and losing? If so how much should I expect to loose a week...
I'm 5.4 and 272 pounds (19.7 stone)

Thanks. X

Replies

• wochlikgm
    wochlikgm Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am actually on 1610 calories / day, but on average I add 150 from general moving around the office. I am beginning to see a loss in weight.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I lost most of my weight on 1850 calories per day. I'm 5'5" and started at 155 lbs. I'm now 118 and eating 2150 calories per day to maintain. I averaged about .5lb/week loss when I was eating 1850 calories. However, how much you should expect to lose depends on a number of factors. Your height and weight, obviously, but also your activity level. I was exercising 5 days per week for about an hour, lifting 4x/week and cardio 1x/week.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm set to 1890, but with my workouts, I get LOTS more. ;) and depending on how/what I eat and my workouts, some weeks I can't keep the weight on, and some weeks it doesn't budge. it just depends. :)
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I lost most of my weight eating close to 2000 cals a day, I'm down to about 1700 if I still want to drop an lb per week. I'm somewhere between 5'6-5'7 and started about 30 lbs lighter than you. Down to 159 now.

It all depends on your personal stats, needs, and activity level. You'll lose (approx) whatever MFP says you'll lose, or you can use an online TDEE calculator (scoby is fairly well liked here).
  • MrDiiorio
    MrDiiorio Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    1830 calories here, losing about 1lb/week.
    And am running more now, so hoping this will increase.

Bare in mind that depending on metabolism and several other factors, you can lose more or less than others.
  • fatjen1981
    fatjen1981 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys! I would like to loose 3 pounds a week. Maybe I should reduce it... Hmmm
  • MrDiiorio
    MrDiiorio Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Jen, if you're anything like me, I love my food - the reason I say this is reducing the calories just makes me eat my own hand. Slow and steady there's nothing wrong with that! :)
  • dmschm2
    dmschm2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and around 220. I eat 1900 cal a day plus my exercise burn, and I am losing. I am a lot happier at this higher calorie intake, and it is something I can do for life. I guess I am losing about 1lb a week. I will send a friend request, add me if you like.