Pregnant and keep losing weight

Options
I'm about 6 months or so pregnant and I'm still losing weight. Dr hasn't had any concerns yet but I am. Some suggestions of high (good) calorie foods would be helpful..

Replies

• GloWorm430
    GloWorm430 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lost weight with both of my pregnancies, due to a prior gastric bypass. Both of my sons were born healthy and normal weight. As long as the baby's growth is normal, it should be fine.
  • Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Eat some avocado, tomato and cheese sandwiches...yum!! Heath and Harty.
  • fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
  • megantischner
    megantischner Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on whole-wheat toast. Hard cheese (like cheddar, mozzarella, colby) -- good source of calcium. Nuts, raisins, or other dried fruit. Regular yogurt. An extra glass of juice or milk.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    How much of a concern this is depends entirely on your starting weight. If you're a healthy weight to start with, it's a BIG DEAL to lose weight. If you're overweight, it's still quite bad. New data on morbidly obesity shows it doesn't seem to make a difference, though, within limits, so that's good.

Anyway, hummus, peanut butter, simple carbs, chocolate, sugar, fried foods, smoothies, cheese, buttered toast, pecans, peanuts........
  • megantischner
    megantischner Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    How much of a concern this is depends entirely on your starting weight. If you're a healthy weight to start with, it's a BIG DEAL to lose weight. If you're overweight, it's still quite bad. New data on morbidly obesity shows it doesn't seem to make a difference, though, within limits, so that's good.

Anyway, hummus, peanut butter, simple carbs, chocolate, sugar, fried foods, smoothies, cheese, buttered toast, pecans, peanuts........

You may want to skip the hummus, unless it's homemade. There's a slight risk store bought hummus could have listeriosis bacteria -- although it's pretty small risk.