What's your struggle??

Options
Just thinking about how some things about healthier living are easy for me and how others are SO difficult. Thought it might be helpful to others if we patted ourselves on the back for the things that are our strengths and identify those areas that need the most attention. Can't succeed at conquering something we can't identify, right?:)

PROS: Exercise-I LOVE it! If I go a week without it, something is "missing" for me
water-I don't even track it most of the time because I can't go without 10+ glasses/day

CONS: PORTION CONTROL!! Seriously the food scale and measuring cup have become my BFF (or enemy??) It literally shocks me at how small a serving of anything is~from my glass(es;) of wine to rice to ice cream~all of it is ridiculously tiny compared to my norm. I HAVE to reset my thinking on this!!!

Replies

• ThatBassoonChick
    ThatBassoonChick Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    PROS: I love fresh fruit and vegetables, especially those low in calories.
    I enjoy exercise (specifically running) once I get past the first week of it
    I drink on average 6-8 cups of water a day, more during the school year
    I've gotten better at portion control

CONS: I never buy fresh fruit and veggies (just take it from my parents' house so it's rare that i have it around)
    It's hard for me to stick to exercising once I get busier
    Sometimes I just don't care and want to pity eat (and drink) because I'm lonely

A piece of advice for the smaller portions, put them on a smaller plate, it tricks your brain into thinking you're eating more. I also don't bother to actually measure out my portions, I just guesstimate them.
  • evinston
    evinston Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    PROS: I'm a consistent logger (haven't missed a day in 9 months).
    I like to cook, and I prepare healthy meals for myself and my family.
    I'm a measurer/weigher, I don't guess when it comes to keeping track of calories. That started because I wanted to make absolutely sure I was getting ALL the calories I could in the early days of this journey. Now it's just a habit.

CONS: I still struggle with my reaction to emotions by turning to food. I catch myself earlier than before, but it's hard.
    I don't like to exercise. I'm always happy AFTER I do it. But, I have to make myself get out there EVERY time.
    I drink too much wine. I love it.

Love the smaller plate tip. I always forget to implement that one.