Vitamins

Options
addonald
addonald Posts: 11 Member
Do you count the calories in your vitamins as well?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Always thought vitamins didn't contain calories?
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Vitamins are micronutrients, so they don't contain calories. Knowledge gains!
  • addonald
    Options
    Thanks!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hold up, it depends on the vitamins. Check the nutrition labels because some certainly do have calories. Because I have a digestive issue, I need to take vitamins that are easily absorbed. I take a multivitamin gummy that is 15 calories for 2 and a calcium/vitamin D supplement that is 10 calories for 2. That's 25 calories per day which adds up over time.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    It depends on the vitamin. The vitamin itself doesn't contain any calories (micronutrients have no calories), but the supplement/pill the vitamin is contained in may contain some calories.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I don't count my multivitamin, but I do count my Omega 3-6-9, because I want the fat count.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I do - my gummy vitamins are 45 calories a day. I just save them all as a recipe so even though the others don't have calories they're still logged and it takes just one button to get them all.
  • jakers13
    jakers13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I log my vitamins also. Even though they are zero calories I like to look at my nutrition facts though out the day to make sure I'm consuming enough of the right nutrients and in the proper amounts.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. Not because I think they make a big difference, but because if I don't write them down or log them, I can't remember how many I've taken. It sucks, but I must swallow them all day long, so it's really hard to remember. :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Yes, I do. Not because I think they make a big difference, but because if I don't write them down or log them, I can't remember how many I've taken. It sucks, but I must swallow them all day long, so it's really hard to remember. :)

same here. I log them all so I remember what I have and haven't taken.

Most of mine have zero calories, except for 2 fish oil capsules which have 21 calories, and 3 vitB which have 3 calories

• addonald
    Options
    Great feedback. Thanks, everyone!
  • luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I always count the calories in my vitamins as part of my daily goal. :)
  • addonald
    Options
    That's my plan. Thanks!