Who has an open food diary?HELP ME!!

Options
So...I eat like a child! I always lived on simple foods like chicken tenders, and kids meals =0)...and obviously none of that is healthy for you and now that I am trying to eat healthy I don't know what to eat! It is really difficult for me to eat big chunks of veggies, so sometimes I saute them and make sauce out of them for spaghetti, and I eat salads...but i need other ways to eat healthy!!! Also, I only eat chicken, turkey, and ground beef(rarely), and I work full time and have two young children so I can be strapped on time. So do any of you have ideas for me as to what I can buy ready made at the store, or what I can cook at home...or do you have open diaries I can look at to help myself out? I would love to make more buddies on here so feel free to add me!
Thanks!!

Replies

• MelsDiet
    MelsDiet Posts: 69
    Options
    My diary is open for all friends to view, I feel that it helps me keep in track as everyone can see if I mess up :-)

Feel free to add me.
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Mine is public also. Beware some days are better than others!:smile:
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    my diary is open to the public, don't have to be a friend to view it.
  • xelapw
    xelapw Posts: 12
    Options
    Try a slow cooker. You can put ingredients in when you go out in the morning and your dinner will be ready and waiting when you get home.
  • JennaLee1486
    JennaLee1486 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Try a slow cooker. You can put ingredients in when you go out in the morning and your dinner will be ready and waiting when you get home.

I second this. Slow cookers are the best. Plus when you put veggies in them they don't have a strong flavor anymore so they're easier to eat!!!!!!
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Mine is public too.

I usually pre-cook all my meats a couple days ahead or the night before. I need the time to weigh it all out to get the calories right and I don't like to be rushed. Recently I've been boiling frozen vegetables, cooking chicken breast and then finishing it off in a ready-made organic tomato and basil soup. It is awesome. I have about 5 meals worth and just pack it in individual containers to take to work or when I come home just throw in the microwave.

Eating healthy is not just about eating all healthy ingredients and ingredients that taste terrible but also portioning. So for example, burritos can be unhealthy if you're not careful. But with the right ingredients and portions it can be a healthy meal. Get whole grain tortillas, cook the beans yourself, use lean ground beef and instead of oil use water (you have to constantly add spoonfuls of water to prevent burning but you still get the sautee effect), fat free sour cream, salsa, veggies.
  • BabyLove1606
    BabyLove1606 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies guys! So i have a question...do you ladies have a favorite recipe for the slow cooker?
  • createdbyGod
    Options
    mine is public
  • Adrianamdelacruz
    Options
    I get pretty creative with my meals, diary is open to my friends...feel free to add me :)
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Mine is open for you to see now that we are friends.
  • Luthorcrow
    Luthorcrow Posts: 193
    Options
    Mine is open. Although I generally like my vegetables and fruit raw. They pack more punch and flavor that way and raw forces your body to work harder to digest them helping raise your MBR.

That said if you hate raw sauteing in olive oil, etc is works, particularly if you leave them a bit al dente.

I think the biggest trick is cooking everything you eat. You add some good recipes eat little that is processed or prepackaged and you will find good eats that are good for you.
  • corysboredagain
    Options
    my diary is open, feel free to check it out!

some of my favorites:

greek yogurt (brown cow vanilla is my favorite)
    bear naked fit vanilla almond granola
    brown rice (i'll cook enough to feed myself 3-4 days, a very versatile food)
    whole grain bread
    pre-washed mixed baby greens (great for salads or to toss on sandwiches)
    tilapia fillets (not too fishy, cooks in about 5-8 min no joke, VERY cal friendly)
    turkey bacon
    hummus & salsas (a great alternative to dressings, dips, and mayo)
    mustard
    basil, cilantro leaves (Seriously, you'll want to add this to EVERYTHING)
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. Check it out.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies guys! So i have a question...do you ladies have a favorite recipe for the slow cooker?

Vegetarian chili!
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Mine is open! As a full time mother, worker and student, I understand the time crunch. I am very inventive with my veggies as my hubby won't touch them...he eats so much better than he knows!!!! Anyway feel free to friend me!
  • bluemax87
    bluemax87 Posts: 71
    Options
    Look into the Belly Fat Cure book. It provides an 'eat this, not that' perspective on things while providing you with recipes on how to make the things it's suggesting... Man I love taco night!!
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Options
    What are you feeding your kids, I'm assuming thats healthy? When preparing meals for them can you make an adult portion for you?
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have mine open to friends. Just don't expect anything perfect.
  • BabyLove1606
    BabyLove1606 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My son is 6 months so I can't eat what he eats, and my daughter eats a lot of breads and snacks a lot vs. eating meals. A lot of the time we do eat the same thing, but I will eat a mini bagel with a pear. lol...I don't think that's enough for a dinner, so I wanted ideas for a whole meal.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at mine. It's public. The vast majority of my food is very simple to prepare and quite clean.