Lady Issues

Options
Sorry in advance for any fellas that run into this; but it's a serious question.

So Ladies, has your diet thrown off your menstrual cycle at all? This is my first full week dieting/exercising and I managed to drop 5 lbs. (Most of which I'm aware is probably water weight). Now it seems like my period has decided to show up a week and a half early? Not sure if this is something that should be expected by basically putting my body "in shock", or if it's something I should get checked out.

Thanks! =)

Replies

• angelworm
    angelworm Posts: 35
    Options
    5 lbs. is a lot of weight to drop in a week's time. Even if it *is* water weight.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Sorry in advance for any fellas that run into this; but it's a serious question.

So Ladies, has your diet thrown off your menstrual cycle at all? This is my first full week dieting/exercising and I managed to drop 5 lbs. (Most of which I'm aware is probably water weight). Now it seems like my period has decided to show up a week and a half early? Not sure if this is something that should be expected by basically putting my body "in shock", or if it's something I should get checked out.

Thanks! =)

Stress can do wacky things to your schedule. I wouldn't worry about it coming a little early or late if it's a one-off thing. If it happens several months in a row, then it would make sense to speak to your gynecologist.

But no, my cycle's been pretty normal since I started trying to lose weight. So far the only change I've noticed is less water retention (that took a few months though.)
  • red4560
    red4560 Posts: 32
    Options
    Don't worry about it too much. With diet/exercise changes your menstrual cycle will change a bit too but will settle back to a normal routine
  • moonay
    moonay Posts: 30
    Options
    When I first start dieting (I've tried many times before this) my period always comes on the next week. Then I become regular from that date as long as I stay eating less and more healthily.
  • ladyluck5210
    ladyluck5210 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I recently went to the doctor and I asked him whether if it was normal to still be having irregular periods.. He said that my weight could have something to do with it. Once I start losing weight they should start being regular. He was right. I think maybe the new diet does have something to do with it, but not in a dangerous way or anything. I think it's probably normal that you're body is reacting to it. I see no cause for alarm. :)
  • kaylamayers
    kaylamayers Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    YES! I thought there was something wrong with me. I started mine 11 days before I was supposed to and it lasted two weeks. I was mortified, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Mine showed up a week and a half early, when I was only 2 weeks in here. The other ones have been normal.
  • BobertC
    BobertC Posts: 123
    Options
    Mine is still regular ;p
  • MelsDiet
    MelsDiet Posts: 69
    Options
    Im actually due on any day now so as far as Im aware Im still regular (every 28 days) however my weight fluctuates when Im due on, I've been known to gain 5lbs exactly 1 week to the day that Im due on. This time Ive only gained 1lb although it is still terribly frustrating! Im just hoping all will return to normal once Im 'finished'
  • notapromqueen
    notapromqueen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the help and advice, ladies! :heart: