Lost weight but haven't visually seen a difference?

Options
Been at my diet and exercising for about 2 weeks now, even though i have lost 5lbs and feel much better visually i haven't seen a huge difference. Anyone know when i will start to see a difference?

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Everyone will see it differently, it depends on the individual and how much you have to lose overall.
  • tiffyland21
    tiffyland21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you weight and where you lost the 5 pounds.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates more than that on a daily basis. I doubt you're going to see much (if any) difference over the course of two weeks, regardless of what you do. Just keep at it.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    This is probably going to sound rude but I'm just curious about the thought patterns since this seems to be a common question around the interwebs.

Ok so you lost 5 pounds(grats), why did you think this would be visible?

People have a fair amount of surface area, 5 pounds lost with out doing the math would be a very small decrease in size when spread all over the body.

The motivational poster I see often is something like
    4 weeks to feel it
    8 weeks to see it
    12 weeks for the world to see it

Not trying to be rude, just curious.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    5 pounds isn't very much. It's enough to make your clothes start fitting differently, but I don't usually notice my weight loss in the mirror until I've lost at least 10.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You're a 19 year old male with not much to lose. I wouldn't expect to see a big difference right away. What are your stats?
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I didn't really see anything until 15 pounds lost and sometimes I still don't quite see it. The mirror is tricky! Try taking photos.
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Mostly water
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,038 Member
    Options
    I didn't see a difference until I had lost about 10 kg of the 15 kg I wanted to lose. And even so, there are days I still don't see it.
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Mine's the opposite. I can see a difference but the scale hasn't moved for 5 weeks. Our body is so magical.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    At around 10 pounds, my mom told me my butt was smaller, lol. I also went down a pants size then. However, I don't really see it on me myself because the gradual difference isn't noticeable to me. However, I FEEL a heckofalot better, and that's all I need for motivation.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I didn't see much difference in the mirror or photos until about 15 lbs were gone.
  • melissaRmennone
    melissaRmennone Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i didn't start seeing results on myself untill i lost about 15 pounds. My family and friends didn't notice until about 20 pounds. Keep it up you will see all your hars work pay off.