30, overweight with osteoarthritis

Options
Hey everyone, I'm very new to this site and taking weight loss seriously in general. Sure I've tried many times before but just did not have the will power to stick with it. But enough is enough, I have chronic back pain and the extra 50 pounds needs to go! Any support is appreciated so send me a friend request. I'm more likely to stick with this if I interact with others.

Replies

• NJA0599
    NJA0599 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Veronica,
    I am Nancy, also overweight and dealing with osteoarthritis. I have suffered from chronic pain for years, and tend to use that as my excuse to not exercise.
  • transparentenigma
    transparentenigma Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    If you need a friend either of you can add me. I am pushing 40, have arthritis in the hip and knees, overweight by more than 100 lbs according to the charts, but I say only 80. I have been on this rollercoaster so long I own shares, but I am not getting off until I reach my goals.

I know the struggle, the pain, the despair and the frustration. But failure is not an option for me.
  • veronicasnair
    veronicasnair Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yup it's alot easier to give up when you have this huge wall infront of you, as if going to the gym and loosing weight isn't hard enough already, somedays just moving is so painful. It's very easy to use the disadvantage as an excuse, but no more. The weight we carry is the equivalent of X 3 on our joints. I want my life back, I want me back.