Help!! Eating back my calories

I have a dumb question? If I have already ate 1550 calories today, and burned off 750 doing cardio, do you think I need to eat another 400 to meet 1200 calories? Sorry I'm just joining again and get confused what this? I'm cleaning eating now, and don't think it should be bad right? :p

Replies

• tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    that is exactly what you should do. :) good job of figuring it out!
  • tspencer824
    tspencer824 Posts: 23 Member
    No. Why would you work off something just to add it back, especially if you are trying to lose weight? My recommendation with MFP is DO NOT LOG exercise. My fitbit does it for me but if it bothers me I just delete it. And 1200 calories is an arbitrary number. Just hit your calorie intake of 1550 however you got that number and exercise too.
  • 1205rise
    1205rise Posts: 5 Member
    No. Why would you work off something just to add it back, especially if you are trying to lose weight? My recommendation with MFP is DO NOT LOG exercise. ... Just hit your calorie intake of 1550 however you got that number and exercise too.

I'm going to try it this way, thanks!
  • jessedcg
    jessedcg Posts: 304 Member
    I'm confused with the same thing as well. I typically don't eat back my calories my husband seems to think I'm starving myself..
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Assuming you have your activity level set at Sedentary (based on the 1200 calorie mark you mentioned), you can and should eat back additional calories burned from exercise as your MFP calorie goal already assumes a deficit. That said, if you're hungry you should eat. If not, don't.
  • nicholen76
    nicholen76 Posts: 7 Member
    thank you so much ladies, this helped me better understand what I need to do......Again
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    One of the main reasons I exercise is so I can eat more! :smiley: