Life after Gastric Bypass

Options
Hello Everyone Im new to this..My story starts I had gastric bypass 11 years ago and lost 140 lbs but...In Oct of this year I had a medical problem in which landed me in hospital for 1 month and almost caused me my life..Anyway my Dr. told me my bypass was no more :( Now I have gained 30 lbs and cant quit eating.Im so depressed I have got to get motivated to stay on track.It is so hard after 11 yeras of eating anything then going to have to watch. I have no clue how to begin my Dr. told me about this site....Sorry this is so long...

Replies

• jlarson6216
    jlarson6216 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This site is great! You can do it!
  • cassiz91
    cassiz91 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Think of food as our energy source to survive. By putting fatty, fast foods in your systems everything slows down, nothing starts to work right. Healthy living is a huge mind set. We as human beings tend to destroy ourselves because of the way we think of our bodies. First off remember your body is beautiful, and it's going to be healthier than before. Second, dont go cold turkey and completely shut out all foods that are bad, indulge in moderation, once a week. Allow yourself to have 1 cheat meal. Also buy freah fruits and veggies, espeically ones you like to eat, then meal prep all snacks for on the go including your meals. Be kind to yourself, your human, ita okay if you over eat one day, get back on track the next day and eat healthy again. Remeber to drink water, if you dont like the taste add fruits. Start slowly exercising an incorporating any physical activities. Be patient as weight loss is a long time, I'm sure you can lose the amount you want.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    tnmtngrl63 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone Im new to this..My story starts I had gastric bypass 11 years ago and lost 140 lbs but...In Oct of this year I had a medical problem in which landed me in hospital for 1 month and almost caused me my life..Anyway my Dr. told me my bypass was no more :( Now I have gained 30 lbs and cant quit eating.Im so depressed I have got to get motivated to stay on track.It is so hard after 11 yeras of eating anything then going to have to watch. I have no clue how to begin my Dr. told me about this site....Sorry this is so long...
    If you want some structure and something that is familiar to you, eat the same way as when you still had the bypass.
    Do something nice for yourself like buying some summer clothes that fit your current size. :)
    Walking or going to the gym can help you feel motivated.
    You can get this worked out so that you are losing weight and feeling better about yourself.