New and would like friends

Options
Hi Everyone, I have had this app on my phone for over a year and all I did with it was load the information on my workouts. I tried using the diary for my food but I lazed out. I lost weight and put it back on. Then I lost weight and put it back on. You can see where I'm going with this. The truth is, I have never really talked to people about my weight, my diet or whether or not I was happy in my own skin. It was a secret that I was overweight. Lol. My secret. Shhhh my husband doesn't even know I'm overweight. The mirror knows and so do my clothes. So I decided to try something I have NEVER done, talk with other people about it. Get support and give support. I thought that if I could somehow remove the emotional stigma of my weight and my body that I might possibly feel more free and quit hating myself for failing at this whole weight loss thing.

Replies

• zinaramos
    zinaramos Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I understand what your going through. Hopefully we can get through this.
  • lozinit
    lozinit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I understand where you're coming from. I have some great friends on here who are very supportive too. I'm sure many of them would love to have a newcomer to cheer on!!
  • Maries_wine_calories
    Maries_wine_calories Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I have had this app on my phone for over a year and all I did with it was load the information on my workouts. I tried using the diary for my food but I lazed out. I lost weight and put it back on. Then I lost weight and put it back on. You can see where I'm going with this. The truth is, I have never really talked to people about my weight, my diet or whether or not I was happy in my own skin. It was a secret that I was overweight. Lol. My secret. Shhhh my husband doesn't even know I'm overweight. The mirror knows and so do my clothes. So I decided to try something I have NEVER done, talk with other people about it. Get support and give support. I thought that if I could somehow remove the emotional stigma of my weight and my body that I might possibly feel more free and quit hating myself for failing at this whole weight loss thing.

You're inspiring others just by opening up- congratulations, you're really going to do amazing things for yourself and without realizing, for others with your openness and honesty. Applause :blush: Sent and add to everyone!
  • corisearch
    corisearch Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I completely understand what you're talking about. I'm only recently beginning to be honest with myself about my weight.
  • Kagemori
    Kagemori Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey there I've been where you are and know exactly how you feel. Now though fit the first time I finally feel like I'm breaking free and becoming comfortable in my own skin and confident in myself.
    Feel free to add me, id be happy to support you on your journey :)
  • NancyReyes25
    NancyReyes25 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can definitely relate, I'm just now accepting that my weight is unhealthy after being big my whole life so far. You can add me so we can support each other on this weight loss journey!
  • bananna30
    bananna30 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wow I can relate to how you are feeling!! Feel free to add me I check in daily and am always here to support and motivate!
  • jadowns
    jadowns Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    You've taken the first step, which is admitting you have a problem.

I love what you said about your weight being a secret, haha.

Being honest with a support group on this website or elsewhere is incredible, all you'll find is motivation and words of encouragement.

Avoid the trolls, they're stupid.

Add me as a friend if you want.. And anyone else can add met too for that matter <3