45 year old widow needs support,encouragement and suggestions to loose 60 lbs.

Options
Hi I'm Tracy - a 45 year old widow who is fairly new at MFP. I've lost 25 lbs since January 2015, but I am stagnate now and have another 60 lbs to go. I don't want to give up and I don't want to gain it back!! I'm feeling GREAT and I'm watching what I eat and I have joined a gym. I would appreciate giving and receiving support, encouragement and suggestions along my journey. Join me??

Replies

• acnoyes
    acnoyes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Good for you Tracy! We all hit plateaus now and again, but stick with it and you'll eventually bust through it and continue on your path! Anything I can do for you, please let me know!
  • bananna30
    bananna30 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi Tracy good luck on this journey! feel free to add me as a friend.....we could all use a little encouragement now and again....I mean now and then! You could do this!
  • fredog92
    fredog92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Tracy you already know what needs to be done. You already lost 25 lbs. So you are doing great. Maybe if you change up your routine it will help. Your body needs to be tricked sometimes. And changing things up will do it. I wish you the best and keep it up. You got this.
  • therealcaptaingary
    therealcaptaingary Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You will do this. Keep up the good work Tracy.

You know what you need to do. You know how to do it. So do it.

You've seen the benefits from losing the first 25...the benefits from losing the next sixty will be even better.
  • tracyrecox
    tracyrecox Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks Fredog92!!! Great suggestion. I will try changing things up a bit!
  • tracyrecox
    Options
    Thanks Bananna30! I appreciate your remarks and I agree!! I just sent you a friend request! Looking forward to the support on this journey!

• tracyrecox
    Options
    Dear Acnoyes - thanks for your comments and support. I didn't realize that!! I look forward to learning more from my MFP support team!
  • tracyrecox
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Dear therealcaptaingary - thank you for the reminder!! That is exactly the encouragement and supportive words that keep someone like me pressing on!! I appreciate the time you took to reply! Thanks bunches!
  • peggykirkby
    peggykirkby Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You are not stagnant, my dear...you have
    . . . . r e a c h e d . . . .
    a plateaaaaauuuu!

(see how I switched that from a negative thought to a really awesome accomplishment?!
    Pretty cool for an Old Fossil, huh?
  • Standsfast
    Standsfast Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Tracy.
    I am sorry to hear of your loss. Being a widow is incredibly tough (my place in my life when I was 43 years old). This type of stress is NOT your friend. I have recently started losing weight, once again. You will find what works for you--no such thing as one size fits all when it comes to weight loss. I would be pleased to have you as my friend on here. Remember to keep breathing and getting up every morning, even when you don't want to!
  • derek9964
    derek9964 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    50 year old had the same stuck at a certain weight my friends on here have been awesome. Feel free to add me