Looking for Friends and motivation

Options
Hi All,

This is my first time reaching out and Im hoping someone can help me out with a few tips.

I have been using this app for quite some time and so far I am glad with the progress that I have made.

However, for the past three-four weeks I have noticed that I have been stuck and find myself losing motivation. Lately, I have found that my calorie intake has been horrible over the weekends; making it harder to shed off the extra weight.

My weekend plans are all over the place and Im pretty sure that is one of my problems. Also, I have personally noticed that it is easy to get off guard when being with Friends/Family.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Anthony

Replies

• misspelledmineral
    misspelledmineral Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi Anthony!

I have a similar issue, my family eats pretty heavy food and my friends love to eat at restaurants.

When I eat with family, my biggest tip is to eat healthy portions. I try to eat slowly so they don't offer me seconds. Cut back on carbs as much as possible, because they're just fillers (grains, breads, etc), go for the veggies and lean protein if possible (chicken).

Also, I try to order the healthiest thing on the menu if I'm at a restaurant. I also try to eat slow so I can take the leftovers home for tomorrow's lunch. I also drink a lot of water so I don't accidentally overeat.

I would recommend considering carrying a canteen or water bottle when you go out. When people are dehydrated they mistake it for hunger and end up eating a lot.

Also, if anyone questions you, don't be afraid to let your friends and family know that you're trying to lose weight. No one is going to look down on you for trying to better yourself.

And if they're like my friends, and they tease you or say you don't need to lose it out of politeness -- just brush it off your shoulders because they'll be nothing but impressed once you attain the body that you're aiming for. Don't give up!!

Good luck Anthony!!
  • jadowns
    jadowns Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    This is intense, but when I'm being really serious (I was in Overeaters Anonymous) I actually had to 100% abstain from spending time with friends and binge-eating buddies (my bffs) ... I talked to them on the phone, but I could not trust myself in their company for the first couple months. Now, that I have gotten control over my eating, I have slowly eased back into spending time with loved ones...
  • latinoteen05
    latinoteen05 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    At Misspelledmineral, thank you!!!

JaDowns makes a good point in which I too have previously encountered. I ended up staying away from Friends and Family, and I started to notice a difference. The only down side to that was that I ended up going back to my old habits once I reconnected with them.

With your tips, I could definitely see how making a few adjustments could surely help.