Speed Run

Options
corsayre8
corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
OK, speedy for me.

I'm a trail runner, and live up in the hills where gps reception is rather inconsistent. But one of my loops usually logs at between 7.25 and 7.5 miles. It is varied terrain with lots of hills, two of which are ridiculously tough. The last time I ran it, my time was 1:40. While being a speed runner has ever been a goal of mine, rather to be a distance runner, realistically I was wanting to a pace that was under a twelve minute mile.

Today I was feeling strong and just went with it. Came in at 1:20, that is an 11 minute mile or less sustained over 7 plus miles.

If I can't celebrate the scale moving, I am sure as hell going to celebrate this!

Replies

• jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    Having recently taken up road running (jogging really), I can definately appreciate what you acheived!! I am fed up of planning a route on the map then turning a corner to be faced with a hill like the north face of Everest!!

Well done, I'll leave the hills to you and stick to the flat bits! Kepp it up!!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Good for you!
  • Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing! I'm working on increasing my distance (I run like a rhino so speed is out of the question for me). I've gone up to 4 miles, but I don't even want to think about going further than that!
  • caitylynn62
    caitylynn62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thats a great accomplishment! Im still working on getting in relatively good shape, then going to higher distance lol i hope c25k works for me!
  • sezp
    sezp Posts: 69
    Options
    That's amazing, you are an inspiration! Keep it up!
  • mileneD
    mileneD Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!

For those just starting out, you can do it to, just give yourself time and stay focused. February is when I started, and before that if anyone had said I would become a runner, I would have fallen over laughing.

@ Sez, my friend, you will be close on my heels with those new shoes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!