Down and disappointed

Options
Over the last week I haven't been exercising or eating healthy, just out of pure laziness. I feel deflated and disappointed in myself, which it making it worse. Just need some motivation to get me going again!

Replies

• erica14lynn
    erica14lynn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Make a promise to yourself to exercise (maybe just 30 minutes at first) and then keep that promise to yourself. I've found that when I keep my promises to myself I feel better about things and have a postive attitude because I know I can count on myself. If you know you will let yourself down it's not a good feeling.

You can do it. Take the small step back to what you were doing before and hopefully it will all come back for you. :)
  • cjvelasquez
    cjvelasquez Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way in the sense of I haven't gone to the gym in over a week. It's tough to get motivated sometimes.
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Put on one fun song and force yourself to dance to it or sometimes I force myself to run in place for 4 minutes. You can do anything for 4 minutes.

Oh and look online at some new clothes and think about how nice they'll fit if you keep going.
  • denhar01
    denhar01 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I find myself thinking about excercising on the way home from work and how much I don't want to reach the house cos then the pain starts! Some days are easier than others.

Often I find putting on my trainers and gym stuff is enough to motivate me. Other times I put a new workout on youtube and specify 20 minutes. Then I know it won't run on and on and on
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Does beating yourself up do any good? If not why do it? A week is a shirt period of time, dont panic and start off by logging your food, maybe a few ays at maintenance and just oing for a walk. Each day is a new opporunity for a restrat if needed.