I don't want to walk tonight.

Options
I set a goal for myself of 3 miles a day, started Thursday. Did over 4 miles that day, and over 7 miles yesterday. I'm WAY ahead of my weekly goal, and I am using that as my "I don't NEED to walk tonight" excuse. SOMEONE, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me.

Replies

• Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    You set a DAILY goal, right? So that means three miles today, no matter what you did yesterday or the day before.

Now I need to take my own advice, because I haven't gotten ANY exercise today, and really need to! So thanks for the reminder! :bigsmile:
  • cloud92222
    cloud92222 Posts: 19
    Options
    Quit thinking and GO!! You are either going to feel guilty when you haven't or extra proud of yourself for doing it even though you didn't want to. End the day on a good note!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    You will feel better if you did it, so go for it! I love the quote "You'll never regret exercising. You'll always regret NOT exercising".
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Since you are ahead of your goal, just get out and go take a no pressure walk. A fun walk day. Maybe do a mile and just enjoy!
  • sg8800
    sg8800 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Grab a friend, grab the family dog....but get out there! Maybe doing all those extra miles started to burn you out already? Try for a week to 'just meet your goal. If it's 3 miles each day, then do those 3 miles. When/if you're ready, then push it up to more. However, I would note that every single day might be ambitious. Re-evaluate your goals if they aren't realistic.

My goal from doing NOTHING (no exercise at all) to getting moving was to exercise 5 times a week. I've upped it and now shoot for 6 walks (or other exercise) a week with one day off. However, I often make it 7 days a week. I don't set an amount of miles...I just want to get my habit going, getting off the sofa and onto the trails. I walk with friends and we all bring our dogs, so the whole gang gets a workout. I got the Nike+ pedometer and sync up my walks so I can easily track them, knowing my speed, number of miles, etc. I even enter challenges on the Nike+ website with other Nike+ folks.

Best of luck!
    Shannon
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Your own words: "This time I WILL NOT GIVE UP."

GO WALK
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Well, now that you know you can do much better than 3 miles per day, you can increase your goals. Go out and see what you can do and be that much further ahead of the game! :o)
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You know you will be so proud of yourself once you do this! Think about it like this - It's like having a dog...you've got to walk it, feed it right, and give it lots of tlc - whether you want to or not! now go walk your body - whether you want to or not - it's your dog to take care of!

hehe - hope that helps!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Since you are ahead of your goal, just get out and go take a no pressure walk. A fun walk day. Maybe do a mile and just enjoy!
    Exactly what I was going to say.
  • mommacarrie423
    Options
    Thank You all SOOO much :)) I'm going to take a quick nap and see if I can muster up some energy (7.5 miles DRAINED ME!) and then I'll AT LEAST make a lap around the neighborhood (about a mile) and see how i feel from there. It also helped that my Daughter just said "Mommy, are we taking a walk tonight? That's my favorite time to spend with you." :))
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    It also helped that my Daughter just said "Mommy, are we taking a walk tonight? That's my favorite time to spend with you." :))

I think that's the most important part. Of course 7.5 miles is draining, don't do that again, but making good habits, and going for a walk, even a short one, is one step closer in having a healthier lifestyle with better habits.
  • wilyz
    wilyz Posts: 37
    Options
    take the day off