2»

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    They say shakology helps with cravings!
    No. Just no.

To the OP - Have you tried Greek yogurt? I have a 0% vanilla one that I love. Throw a few raspberries on top and drizzle with a wee bit of honey, and YUM!

Gives your protein and calcium macros a boost, too.
  • 5midlohoos
    5midlohoos Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The thing to understand (telling myself this as much as anyone) is that sugar is addictive. It just is. Telling myself I'll just have a little sugar is like saying I'll just have a little heroin when I crave it (no I dont do drugs - I'm a mom of 3 with no drug problems ha). Yet the struggle is always there because sugar is so yummy. When I think about it, much of my extra weight is due to all the sugary snacks I love. My goal is to stick to sugars that are more natural - like raw fruit - and over time to become less dependent on the beauty of sugary snacks. I wish you all good luck in your pursuit of a healthy lifestyle!!!
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    YES! Especially at night the cravings are the worst. I got around it by purchasing a bag of Hershey's dark chocolate kisses. They're only about 20 calories each and one or two are just enough to satisfy the craving. I find that no "substitute" will really get rid of it. If I want something sweet I will just eat something sweet but make sure it's lower in calories. Hard candy is good too because it lasts a while.
  • autumnleaves23
    autumnleaves23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow OP, I have some magic beans I can sell you if you're going to take that sort of advice. Shakeology is an MLM scam and it does nothing but put you on the same deficit you could be meeting with real food using tasteless, expensive shakes.
    Actually I drink shakology and it does a lot for me. You don't know what your talking about.
  • brianna323mfp
    brianna323mfp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I can make it all the way through the day with eating healthy and then at night I always cave :s
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat something sweet. Make it fit into your allotment.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you cut the sweets out, you will begin to notice how very sweet fruit can be.

Peaches are amazing this year!!! They are so good! I dunno what's going on in Georgia, but they turned out some of the best peaches I've had...maybe ever. Very flavorful and juicy. :)