OH NO!! I got invited to go swimming tomorrow!

Options
My brother and his wife are going to the lake to swim tomorrow and they invited me to go. I said yes but now the fear of being in public in a swimsuit has hit me. I know I will have to go and tough it out because I am tired of letting my weight restrict me from doing the things I enjoy. Look out world cause here I come.:sad:

Replies

• rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    go for it!! take a pic and make it your before. and think how awesome you will be in your after. :drinker:
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    swim away the pounds... really good exercise,,, we all understand. dont let things stop us from having fun if you can physically do it ......have a great time
  • adrianamezam
    Options
    go for it!! take a pic and make it your before. and think how awesome you will be in your after. :drinker:

BEST. RESPONSE. EVER!

im invited to splashtown on tuesday, and i said yes. and im gunna go. and im gunna get a great "before" pic! thanks for the idea!!
  • TearsoftheMushroom
    Options
    I went on holiday with my husband then "oh no" we were near his friend from work and his wife (both very slim). We arranged to go to the beach together and I was easily the biggest out of the four of us. I went and got my snorkel and mask out and off I went into the water, it turned out they had never been snorkelling and were really interested and even bought a mask and snorkel the next day and thanked me. I just remained positive, had fun and never acted like I was overweight and we all had a good time and they never once treated me like I was overweight. I sometimes think its ourselves who are most concerned about it.

Try and have a great time

BF
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I agree! It will be great exercise and take a pic use it as your before pic and inspiiration to melt away the pounds!
  • meganbarnes27
    Options
    Just go and have fun! Try not to be too self conscious. If you are confident in yourself, then chances are no one will even pay attention to those "extra inches." I hope you have a great time!:happy:
  • GypsyWagon
    GypsyWagon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that almost everyone has something that they're self conscious about. And, our friends always look at us with kinder eyes than we use in the mirror. Have a great time...just don't forget your sunscreen!