"I run...so I can eat chocolate cake..."

Options
sd101483
sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
This is the saying on one of my favorite workout shirts (which is getting too big on me, sadly). The front says "I run..." and on the back it says "so I can eat chocolate cake..." The other I love is "I workout....to have a feel good day" - I just pulled these out and put one on to head out the door for a run and I thought I'd make a quick post.

This really encompasses exactly why I workout/run/walk/count calories etc. Everything in moderation, including chocolate cake, and if I have to run that day to be able to eat it, so be it. I feel better when I workout and, I find, I'm also in a better mood and kinder! I do it for many reasons, mental and physical, how about you?

Replies

• gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Haha, soooo true! I usually let myself have one serving of dessert for every two miles I run and that's all I think about the whole time I'm going! But by the time I get back from exercising, sometimes I feel so great that I don't want to ruin it with refined sugar and empty calories. Funny how that works, haha.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    'I run... so I can drink beer'

I am always in a better mood when I exercise. Sometimes if I know I'm going out I watch the calories burned on my HRM and count the number of beers I am burning off ;-)
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude!!! same here. I run for beer lol:drinker:
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    too funny i love it.. even though i cant run.. i will walk for chocolate cake :-)
  • havi7
    havi7 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The cake is a lie.

Sorry, couldn't resist :P
  • Crooks0204
    Crooks0204 Posts: 189
    Options
    I walk/jog/run for..................peanut butter:blushing:
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    'I run... so I can drink beer'

I am always in a better mood when I exercise. Sometimes if I know I'm going out I watch the calories burned on my HRM and count the number of beers I am burning off ;-)

That's what I did yesterday. :)
  • susioryan
    susioryan Posts: 180
    Options
    I have 2 that I love. One says" Since you are behind me" on the front and on the back "how's mine"? and the other is I am not a Tomboy, I'm just better then you.
    Makes me smile every time I put them on to run.
  • cazz5
    cazz5 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yep, its a great incentive to have extra calories to eat and boy dont you have to work hard to get them!! ive never power walked before and have never been a runner but i am slowly learning to do both and finding i enjoy it, and miss it when i dont do it.

This is my 3rd week and im aiming to run a 5k in october........................we'll see! :)
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! Glad your shirts are too big!!!

I ran a 5K today... so I can eat cheesy bread from the Farmer's market!!! with fresh tomato and basil... sooooooooo good... and later I'll do some core to eat my chocolate cup cake!

I feel so much better when I run! I started just walking, then walking faster, then running!!!!
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Mine says, "One must not let vanity overrule appetite"

They have to work together, lol! Eat the things you love (but in moderation, with exercise, so you still look good)!!!:laugh:
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I cycle to eat chocolate! Chocolate cake sounds divine right about now! I indulged in some super fattening homemade coffee cake today (only half a piece). I still felt guilty about it, but once I start my five x's a week cycling workout, I should start feeling a bit better about allowing myself something sweet.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    My "X" boss who is tiny and petite, and who was always nagging on me anout my weight and appearance. for Christmas one year she got me a T-shirt that read " Everytime I say those dirty words EXCERCISE I have to wash my mouth out with chocolate". If she could only see me now! ...LOL
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I run to blast my music on my ipod and forget I have 2 brats...
    I weight train to afford to eat more... :happy:
  • Acidbelgium
    Options
    GlaDOS would disagree. :P
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    My favorite running shirt is the one that says

"I belong to an eating club with a running problem"

I also have ....

"I may not pass you, but I will outlast you"

and my other favorite

"Does this shirt make my butt look fast"

Im a sucker for the cute sayin running shirts! :)
  • johnnythebaptist
    Options
    Just wanted to put my 2 cents in: I have a sying that I picked up several years ago and use it often; "Wherever you are at thats where you are until you make a change. Just reminds me that everone else can get fed up, disappointed, upset; however it has to start with me. Enjoy our journey and may the pound fall by the wayside.
  • johnnythebaptist
    Options
    Just wanted to put my 2 cents in: I have a sying that I picked up several years ago and use it often; "Wherever you are at thats where you are until you make a change. Just reminds me that everone else can get fed up, disappointed, upset; however it has to start with me. Enjoy our journey and may the pound fall by the wayside.
  • mauck7
    mauck7 Posts: 74
    Options
    I love it! Those shirts are cute. You are such a great person. I know your gonna rock it, everyday you workout, you will go the extra mile to make it worth while. When I was a child, I a had a shirt that said " I'm a Wisconsin Girl and I can kick you butt!" I loved that shirt. lol
    Have a great day, Chick. :-)

(I think about running so I can think about eating chocolate cake. lol)
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    I eat so i can eat cake & pizza & drink beer :)