If you can't spot reduce then am I unable to trim my legs?

Options
I would still like to lose about an inch (max) off of my thighs. I know you can't spot reduce, but I'm pretty small everywhere else. My waist is 24.5-25 inches... and at 5'6.5 that's pretty small. And I can't really lose much more weight. So, due to my genetics, would it not be possible to safetly make my legs any smaller? Any recommendations?

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I would still like to lose about an inch (max) off of my thighs. I know you can't spot reduce, but I'm pretty small everywhere else. My waist is 24.5-25 inches... and at 5'6.5 that's pretty small. And I can't really lose much more weight. So, due to my genetics, would it not be possible to safetly make my legs any smaller? Any recommendations?

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    It's not about safety, it's about genetics. Your body will lose fat where it is genetically programmed to do so. If you keep working, the fat on your legs will eventually go too, but as you stated Spot reduction is not possible.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    You know you can't spot reduce, but you want to spot reduce?
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Do lots of lunges and squats to try and build on the muscle underneath. Keep to a slight deficit when eating (so you may end up doing a recomposition and reduce body fat). If you reduce fat stores and build your muscles, your thighs will shrink. There is a fine balance between what you're going to be able to maintain and what you want.

Good luck! :smiley:
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I mean, you can... do you have a chainsaw perhaps?

If you take up weight lifting and do a recomp, you might see some positive changes in the way your legs look.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    wkwebby wrote: »
    Do lots of lunges and squats to try and build on the muscle underneath. Keep to a slight deficit when eating (so you may end up doing a recomposition and reduce body fat). If you reduce fat stores and build your muscles, your thighs will shrink. There is a fine balance between what you're going to be able to maintain and what you want.

Good luck! :smiley:

Yes, i suggest doing this ^^^, but with weights.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I always thought I had tree trunk legs and fat knees genetically

54lbs weight loss and a progressive heavy weight lifting incorporating squats, deadlift, lunges etc proved that to be a lie

My legs have reshaped to the point I'm happy in miniskirts