Today is the day...

milkll13
milkll13 Posts: 27 Member
edited July 2015 in Motivation and Support
I was at -99lbs only 11 months ago. I looked amazing and felt the best I'd ever felt; but I got sick and I got lazy.
Resperatory issues meant steroids...4 rounds, increasing the dose each time.
I separated from the Navy, moved to a new state, and have found myself the fattest I have ever been with the exception of being pregnant.
I feel the worst I've ever felt. My clothes don't fit, my feet hurt. My thighs rub together - you know, way harder than usual. They've always rubbed together. I'm ok with that, but not this much! In fact they don't rub at all. They just stay together and only the lower portion of my legs move. That's not ok. That's bad.
I find that I'm embarrassed to see friends and family that I haven't seen in a while and don't want to visit because I'm ashamed of myself. I let those steroids and that weight gain get out of control. I resorted back to eating my feelings and it's only gotten worse. I have only continued to gain pound after pound, day after day.
But today... Today is the day to take back control, eat healthy food, making one good choice at a time. I'm ready to stop looking back and start moving forward... There is no deadline, only small goals. I think I'll write them down.
Today is the end of my long streak of bullschit. Today is the day that I hold myself accountable and surely tomorrow, I will see the results of my efforts on the scale.

Join me. I need some encouragement. Be my friend...

Replies

• milkll13
    milkll13 Posts: 27 Member
    I wrote bull schit and it made it stars...
  • bhinoj
    bhinoj Posts: 24 Member
    OMG, today you are feeling exactly like I am. I have had it. Today is a new beginning. Accountability is very important. Being accountable to yourself is good but it gets me in trouble because I can convince myself that everything is on track when things are starting to go downhill. Having others to be accountable to makes it harder to lie to yourself. I would like to join you on your quest. I will send you a friend request. Thank you for giving me some motivation today.