30+ Pounds To Shed and Looking For New Friends

Options
JekkaG
JekkaG Posts: 12 Member
Hi, all! I'm new here and looking for friends to exchange motivation, accountability, and make this a FUN journey! :# Feel free to add me...I'm still kinda getting acquainted with all the MFP gadgets, lol. I've got 30-50lbs to get me into my goal range, squashing the binge eating monster, and trying to make this a great experience!

Replies

• jojo67
    jojo67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I too need to loose 30 lbs would like to loose 50 pounds and would jump up for joy if I lost 70 pounds. My first goal to loose a pound instead of gaining more weight. I spoke to a nutritionist and she encouraged me to use Fitness Pal and as I joined I see that I have been a member for a really long time. So I am not new just returning. I love Leslie Sansone Walk at Home Program and I also enjoy going to the gym 3-4 times a week. My problem is not the workout but the diet.
  • kaiwooglin
    kaiwooglin Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Have fun with the journey. It will be a hard travel but well worth it in the end!
  • tracymcdonald4358
    tracymcdonald4358 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started a few weeks ago and I am down 4lbs but still have a long way to go. Would love a buddy to go on this journey with.
  • AshleyA828
    AshleyA828 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here as well. I started this journey about a few weeks ago and I want to loose about 50lbs. Would love to have a buddy...feel free to add me :-)
  • homefixuns
    homefixuns Posts: 7 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi, I started going on my 50 pound weight loss journey the first week in June by joining a gym and trying to work out at least four days a week doing cardio and strength training. So far I'm down about 6 pounds. I'm a scales freak so it gets me that the pounds aren't going down faster than I want them to but the inches are going down too. I'm trying to do lower carb (100 or less) and higher fat and protein. I also try to do intermittent fasting (12 to 14 hours between supper and breakfast. Read about that on Nowloss.com.

I'm not sure how to add someone on, but if anyone needs a buddy, I'm game. I wish everyone in this group much luck and best wishes in their weight loss journey.
  • Phoebofit
    Phoebofit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I need to lose 30-40 lbs and just found MFP last week. Would love too be added as a friend to anyone needing a weight loss buddy. :)
  • JekkaG
    Options
    Hey y'all! Been trying to figure out this app and finally saw that you'd responded. Sorry for the delay in my response here. Added everyone :blush:
  • RebeccaShean
    RebeccaShean Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm new too. Had the app for a little bit never came on here before I'm looking to lose around 50-70 ibs to get me feeling good about my body again. I'm 26 from Devon England. 2 kiddies. And work for boots. Hopfully we can all do this together :). Xxxx good luck guys.
  • JekkaG
    Options
    @RebeccaShean just sent ya a friend thingie :)
  • RebeccaShean
    Options
    @JekkaG would love to be friends x
  • blueberrymohn
    blueberrymohn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello Jekka :)

Same here, I've got about 30lbs to loose before getting married next year (eeek!). Looking for lots of support, motivation and laughs!

x

• MissyD154
    MissyD154 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, looking to lose the same as you and need to connect with likeminded people to keep going. So here's to the journey
  • MissyD154
    MissyD154 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, looking to lose the same as you and need to connect with likeminded people to keep going. So here's to the journey
  • RebeccaShean
    Options
    Best way to do it is together. :).
  • RAFREGROB
    RAFREGROB Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    30lbs too if anyone wants to add and compete!
  • JekkaG
    Options
    RAFREGROB wrote: »
    30lbs too if anyone wants to add and compete!

Sent ya a FR :smile:
  • JekkaG
    Options
    IndyFitJoe wrote: »
    Feel free to add me!

Added! :blush:

• dougbranson
    dougbranson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just found the discussion. Feel free to add me. Been doing this for about 6 months now and am down 35 pounds.
  • JekkaG
    Options
    @hififi55 sent ya a FR. We can do this! :smiley:
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me love to motivate and support :)