Birthday Cake

Options
OK so I have had a really good day, I still have over 600 calories left, after my 3 p.m. snack. :smile: My question is, does anyone know approximately how many calories are in small slice of birthday cake? My nephew's birthday party is tonight and I know I won't be able to walk away from that cake. :sad: Help!! Is it going to completely ruin my day if I have a 300-350 calorie dinner and then a slice of cake?

Replies

• angelatanner
    Options
    OK so I have had a really good day, I still have over 600 calories left, after my 3 p.m. snack. :smile: My question is, does anyone know approximately how many calories are in small slice of birthday cake? My nephew's birthday party is tonight and I know I won't be able to walk away from that cake. :sad: Help!! Is it going to completely ruin my day if I have a 300-350 calorie dinner and then a slice of cake?
  • lifesaver
    lifesaver Posts: 132
    Options
    I think it should be fine... even if you go over 100 cals or something over the week it's not going to make a difference
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I agree with life saver.
    But might I suggest that if you can not walk away from the cake, have a 1/2 piece or one or two bites of one piece and give the rest to a kid that is already bouncing around... OH and then YOU follow them around and do everything I MEAN EVERYTHING that they do. (with in resone that is. If you can not fit in a tube. Do not go there. and do NOT EAT THE SAME FOODS.)
    I promise you following hyper sugar loaded kids will burn A TON of calories. :wink: :laugh:
    --Diann...
  • angelatanner
    Options
    Thanks. I guess I still haven't gotten past the guilt of eating junk food, yet.:frown: I will definitely work out when I get home, I'm not sure how many calories I can burn, following them at a bowling alley. Great advice, though!:laugh:
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    It will not completely ruin your day to have the small slice of cake, but think how much better your day would be if you passed on the cake as if it were nothing....and it is, and the next time you weighed in and there was a loss you knew it was because you were strong enough to pass on the cake. take the cake, set it down on a table, 'spill' it into the trash can, reach in your purse for your bag of carrot sticks , or whatever you carry and enjoy the party. its about the kid, not the cake. :drinker: