Powerade, Diet Soda, Soda

Trying to drink less soda and more water but to narrow itself down, which of the 3 up there is best for a person to consume

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Whichever drink you like the taste of... I don't like the taste of diet soda, so when I feel like it, I'll drink a regular Coke. I'll just make it fit into my daily calories. :drinker:

Have a bottle of water with you all the time. That'll help with drinking more water because it's always with you. :smiley:
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    For hydration purposes, they are all basically the same by volume.

For electrolyte balance support during/after a workout, the Power Aid.

For specific health/contents reservations, pick your poison, cause someone can and has said something bad about everything in all 3 of them. You choose what you believe.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Depends on what you are looking at. I only base mine on not wanting to drink my calories so I opt for diet soda and/or Powerade Zero.

Definitely Powerade Zero when it's hot and I'm outside sweating. I switch between this and plain old water.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Whichever one fits your macros. I personally prefer to eat my calories than drink them, so I drink diet soda.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Powerade has a lot of sodium, which might be an issue if you're watching that.

A 32oz bottle has 375mg sodium, whereas Coke Zero has 107 for the same amount.
  • fullspring72
    fullspring72 Posts: 21 Member
    Yeah I'm really looking at sodium intake we have a lot of sodium based foods in the area