65 lbs to lose! At 23 years old

Options
I'm 23 years old and weigh more now than u ever have. I am setting small goals for myself so I don't get discouraged easily. It's been 5 days and I'm hoping I can keep up the momentum. A lot of people say they don't think I look near as big as the scale says but I'm only 5' 2".

Replies

• icecoe
    icecoe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    People say the same thing about me. I carry all my weight in my stomach and hide it well. I want to wear a bikini one day. Someth ok ng I've never done. You can add me maybe we can help each other out.
  • caitiemayflyaway
    caitiemayflyaway Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too have an extra 60 pounds but apparently it all collects in my stomach and I even get asked if I'm with child because of it. It does t deposit anywhere else really. I have hypothyroidism and it's hard to lose weight once I gain it but I'm going to keep trying! So you keep trying to! I'm going to give myself 200 days and try the breakfast like a queen, lunch like a princess and dinner like a commoner thing combined with cleaner eating and exercise that I find fun. I have a goal in mind for October but I won't be too upset if it doesn't get there that fast as long as I start making progress. Keep fighting!
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and lost 100 lbs when I was 25 years old (2010). I've successfully kept it off except for some baby weight I gained but working it back off again. Set small goals and remember "Do not trade you want long term for what you want at the moment". Feel free to add if you need some motivation. :)
  • RAFREGROB
    RAFREGROB Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Weight has crept up on me and I need to lose 30lbs to get back to where I was happy. Don't worry about it. I've only been going a week and already lost 2lbs. There is so much support here it really encourages me to keep it up. If I don't eat well and exercise I'm not only letting myself down, I'm now letting everyone else down too. It's really worked for me. Hope we can help you too.