Who has an open food diary?HELP ME!!

Options
2»

Replies

• dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    How about Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice meals? They are already prepackaged and portioned right - you just pop them in the microwave and you have a healthy meal : )
  • joyfulmommaof2
    joyfulmommaof2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Mine is open if you wanted to look...
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies guys! So i have a question...do you ladies have a favorite recipe for the slow cooker?
    frozen chicken breasts, cream of mushroom soup, salt and pepper to taste. cook on low 10 hours. soo yummy!
  • RazzTjazz
    RazzTjazz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try Amy's brand frozen and cans.
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    My diary is open and feel free to friend me too.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look over my diary. Word of warning I am vegetarian so there's no meat on it. However, most of my meals could easily be supplemented by reducing the serving size and using them as side dishes.

My suggestion for busy people is to use one day a week. Either Sunday or Monday as a prep day and buy a crock pot. On Sunday you can cook your protein for the week. Nothing fancy, say like you cook enough chicken breast for 2 or 3 meals. Boil it or bake it, then separate it out. This way you can adjust it to different meals through the week and you aren't doing much more than heating it up. I try to make a pot of brown rice and beans. That I use throughout the week. Sometimes I even chop up my veg for salads so I can grab and go salad bar style during the week. When I shop I buy a few dozen eggs and boil enough to grab and go. If I'm in a rush I can grab a hardboiled egg and have breakfast, or it can go in my salad.

The benefit of a crock pot is you can set it to cook one pot meals during the day and be table ready when you get home.

Have a look. It's not perfect, but I manage to eat pretty clean most of the week and don't spend hours in the kitchen every night.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    My son is 6 months so I can't eat what he eats, and my daughter eats a lot of breads and snacks a lot vs. eating meals. A lot of the time we do eat the same thing, but I will eat a mini bagel with a pear. lol...I don't think that's enough for a dinner, so I wanted ideas for a whole meal.

This is a good way to teach your children how to eat healthier as well. growing up we at loads of veggies and weren't allowed soda. The candy we had was the sesame seed and honey candies from the health food store. I think in part that's why it was easy for me to return to clean eating. I also don't eat low fat or no fat anything. I try to make it myself and eat a reasonable portion.
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Mine is public, feel free to add me and msg me if you want a recipe. Also I highly recommend picking up Hungry Girl's cookbooks. Excellent stuff in there that is actually VERY tasty and most of it is fast made too.
  • cocobeenie
    cocobeenie Posts: 98
    Options
    Try low fat or non fat cottage cheese or ricotta with salsa on top. Santa Barbara mango salsa is super amazing... You can get it at costco or ralphs.

Soups are pretty easy to make... You just boil a couple cups of water, throw in a boullion cube, cut up carrots, celery, onion, garlic, chicken and *boom* soup.

Or a some pasta sauce, water, and any veggies and meat you have and thats a tomato soup. Add tomato paste to make it more tomatoey.

There are a million ways to enjoy oatmeal, which happens to be a filling, nutritious breakfast. I like mine with frozen blueberries, cinnamon, and sliced almonds. Or with peanut butter, a tbs of.cocoa powder, and vanilla whey powder. Mrbreakfast.com has a ton of recipes.

A sandwich loaded with veggies with mustard or a low cal dressing on whole wheat anything is good...

Beans. Texas caviar like salads are super easy to make, refrigerate well, are yummy and full of protein and fiber. To maximize diet efficiency up the bean ratio. For that matter minesteone soup is also a very good thing.

Plain yogurt with berries and granola or wheat germ is a classic.

Baked sweet potatoes, prunes, almonds, bananas, hard boiled eggs, and apple chips are some of my favorite whole food snacks.

My diary is open so feel free to look. Just dont judge me haha. Hope this helps.