Standing desk vs Treadmill desk

Options
If you could have either which would you choose? Keep in mind treadmill desks should be run about 1.5-2mph, which is super slow. Makes me wonder if I'd be moving just as much standing as I would walking that slow. But the runner in me is in love with the idea of the treadmill desk.

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Your head would bounce up and down as you walked so you might have trouble focusing on the computer with the treadmill, at least until you got used to it.
  • ArchyRunner
    ArchyRunner Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    1.5 mph is really, really, really slow. I don't think there would be any bouncing.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it would not be possible for me to write, read, use a keyboard, or concentrate with a treadmill desk.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I have an adjustable standing desk at work, love it. If I had a choice, cost no object type thing, I'd get the treadmill desk. You could always turn it off if you just wanted to stand.
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I stand or bike during work. Both are nice. Walking is not for me, I think, but I have never tried it. I say standing and put on music so you move on the spot. With that walking speed, shaking your *kitten* a little sounds more useful anyway.
  • ActiveApril
    ActiveApril Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have a standing desk at work and end up moving around a lot... Maybe more than if I was on a slow treadmill. So I'd probably choose standing desk :smile:
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I stand or bike during work. Both are nice. Walking is not for me, I think, but I have never tried it. I say standing and put on music so you move on the spot. With that walking speed, shaking your *kitten* a little sounds more useful anyway.

I'm pretty sure would have some corrective action suggested in my review is I was shaking my *kitten* around at work
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Sit/Stand. You may be able to concentrate better. Someone mentioned a gel mat in another thread. Maybe take a few 1 to 2-min breaks--laps around the office or climb stairs.
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »

I'm pretty sure would have some corrective action suggested in my review is I was shaking my *kitten* around at work

Maybe that depends on how well you shake it...? :wink:
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    tredmill desk is an adhd persons DREAM.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I would rather stand. I love the treadmill idea and understand it's a slow pace, but I think I would spend more time trying not to fall off or drop something so I will just stand.