Weird question maybe? On a female fitness model, how much muscle is in their butt compared to fat?

Options
I guess I am trying to figure out if my expectations for myself are valid or not...

When I see pics of fitness models, it looks like their butts are pure muscle... But they cant be right? I mean they have to have some fat on there.

I squat, I do deadlifts, I do split squats, but I still feel like I have barely ANY muscle in there compared to them.

Is this just because I store fat there? I am very hourglass shaped so all my fat is on my butt and legs and arms. With my workouts I can definitely tell I am getting firmer in the legs and butt area, but it seems like I have YEARS to go before I would be even close to what they look like. Yes I know, there is photoshop and everything on their pics, but I just want to get a realistic idea of what it takes to get that much muscle in your butt...

Any ideas?

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    bulks and cuts phases. Also there is other factors like genetics.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    some people it takes longer to look like that and like yopeeps said,genetics do factor in. Ive been lifting and working out for almost 3 years and my butt looks nothing like any of theirs lol. mine went from what they call a "ghetto booty" to a flat booty. I can feel the muscle under there but its not lifted like I would have hoped. everything takes time.also a lot of those fitness models go through a lot of training and they lift heavy.cant say how long it would take you, everyone is different and there are factors in how fast you would see results. be patient is all I can say
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I'm also sure that many of them, their butts are largely silicon.

I have spoken to people who work in gyms where fitness models work, and many of them do have implants.
  • lauramillat
    lauramillat Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, mine is definitely in the ghetto booty category too! Even though I am eating at maintenance I can tell it is getting bigger (which I am happy about) and slightly more lifted, but I guess it's just going to take time!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I'm also sure that many of them, their butts are largely silicon.

I have spoken to people who work in gyms where fitness models work, and many of them do have implants.

SMH at butt implants. WHY? We are so determined to get our bodies looking like an ideal.

Be healthy. Lose weight and exercise - YES! But ultimately... learn to love the body you have.

*says the woman who has her next tattoo booked. offers hand to kettle... "nice to meet you, I'm pot"*
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    reasonle wrote: »
    Hahaha, mine is definitely in the ghetto booty category too! Even though I am eating at maintenance I can tell it is getting bigger (which I am happy about) and slightly more lifted, but I guess it's just going to take time!

ghetto booty you say?

I heard a lot of woman who think they have one but don't at all.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

ghetto booty you say?

I heard a lot of woman who think they have one but don't at all.
    yeah, my hips were a whopping 48inches(maybe more) before I started losing weight.people knew who I was walking down the street just by my butt. its funny but its not,even when I was thin,my butt always was the first thing people noticed/commented on. well guys anyway lol. I started getting a shelf butt(the top part was getting a shelf like flat area because it was so big lol).
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have no idea,some look too round,then again some models do take the aid of substances to keep them as lean as they are,some things are just way too hard or impossible to achieve naturally.

But fear not, I had no butt,it was literally a backwards curve . like inside out xD
    now it's tiny but round and it's like starting to filling, I can say.. squats and sumo squats <3

• Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You lift and that's great! That's the first step done.
    Are you at a caloric surplus? It will take a good amount of time (think years) to build a big butt, especially if your glutes are 'dormant'.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Many of them (myself included) have higher amounts of gluteal tissue. It's genetic and lifting enhances it. Some of the reason fitness models look like they have big butts is because of an anterior pelvic tilt.
    anterior-pelvic-tilt2.png
  • lesliezimmer
    lesliezimmer Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    ive seen fitness models with flat butts because they naturally don't have much muscle there.

personally, when i get down to like 22% body fat, my butt is all muscle and its enormous - again, genetics. the muscle is always there, and once my body fat goes down, you can really see it.
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Some butts are achieved from a lot of glute work i.e kick backs, split squats, sumo squats, Romanian squats, hamstring curls, hip thrusts etc etc with moderate to heavy weight.
    Also, a lot of it is falsely achieved via enhancements; you can just learn to be the best you you can be. We can all build and lift our bums, a person on IG I follow is Mankofit, she literally built her curves with weight training, so don't get discouraged, and just stay on your weight lifting track and maintain those cals!
  • SunnyPacheco
    SunnyPacheco Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying really hard to grow my booty and I personally follow a few heavy lifters and bikini competitor girls on IG that focus an entire lifting day to just glutes. You won't build up your glutes from squatting alone because you're also working your quads and hamstrings. Try doing more glute isolation work like weighted bridges and hip thrusters and kickbacks in the cable machine etc. Also check out Heidi Somers (@buffbunny) and Sarah Bowmar on IG and YouTube. They post great videos generally but have great glute exercise tips.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    I guess I am trying to figure out if my expectations for myself are valid or not...

When I see pics of fitness models, it looks like their butts are pure muscle... But they cant be right? I mean they have to have some fat on there.

I squat, I do deadlifts, I do split squats, but I still feel like I have barely ANY muscle in there compared to them.

Is this just because I store fat there? I am very hourglass shaped so all my fat is on my butt and legs and arms. With my workouts I can definitely tell I am getting firmer in the legs and butt area, but it seems like I have YEARS to go before I would be even close to what they look like. Yes I know, there is photoshop and everything on their pics, but I just want to get a realistic idea of what it takes to get that much muscle in your butt...

Any ideas?
    They train for YEARS. Unless they were athletic growing up or really fortunate in the genes department, competitive fitness, figure, and bikini models spent hours in the gym and do it for years before getting on stage. It's rare to see anyone get up on that stage in less than a year and be competitive with others who have been at it awhile.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Many of them (myself included) have higher amounts of gluteal tissue. It's genetic and lifting enhances it. Some of the reason fitness models look like they have big butts is because of an anterior pelvic tilt.
    anterior-pelvic-tilt2.png
    And tilt position when one poses on stage makes a difference.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I know a young man who achieved a ridiculous high, very round rear end from working out. He claims it is from doing dead lifts and squats. Nobody else in his family has this shape.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    On a female fitness model, how much muscle is in their butt compared to fat?