Is it still water?

Options

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    What else would it be? It is still water! Drink up!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Also, water tastes like nothing. Not sure how you can dislike something that tastes like nothing.

not true. it does. around here, each area has a certain tasting water, and smell sometimes too. I also find the that drinking water has taste. some is sweeter than others ffor lack of a better word
    I also find plain water hurts my stomach, so I soften it with flavors. and it works and no stomach aches

either way, it's still water
  • boogiewookie
    boogiewookie Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    have you tried making fancy water? I always keep a pitcher of cucumber lemon water in the fridge. it's so refreshing! my hubby, daughter and I go through 1 every day
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Everyone does this differently. I count water as water, pop as pop, coffee as coffee, etc.

People have counted everything from pop to carrots as water.

It's your diary. You get to set the rules. If you count it, it counts. :)

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I'll hydrate any way that works and I go through phases where all I drink in water, and then when I'll only drink it flavoured. As long as it keeps me drinking, I'm going in the right direction.

This week in my relentless pursuit of the new, I tried Gold Kili ginger drink. Only noticed later that is 70 calories a serving. Oh, well. It tickled my taste buds, which was what I was really after anyways.
  • aunjerikap
    aunjerikap Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can not stand water either. My doctor also suggested crystal light to help. I also drink those fizzy flavored waters that contain no sugar, carbs, sodium, or calories.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It's fluid intake that matters - it doesn't have to be all plain water. I wouldn't count soda, and alcohol definitely doesn't count, but any flavored/sparkling water, coffee, tea, juice, etc. counts. Just make sure you account for any added calories.

Also, water tastes like nothing. Not sure how you can dislike something that tastes like nothing.
    Actually, water tastes like chlorine where I live.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i love water mostly because I am thankful I have access to a never ending supply of clean water. also thankful every time i shower. When i was younger i "hated" water but the more I drank it the more I being to love it! nothing like ice cold water
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have 5 1-gallon jugs in my apartment, and usually at least 3 are full at any given time. Luckily, we have a water machine (reverse osmosis, a quarter a gallon to refill) in my apartment complex so it is easy to refill them. And less waste in the environment :) I log everything as it is. Water is Water. Coffee is Coffee. Pop is Pop. Juice is Juice.
  • kyrah702
    kyrah702 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't know how true it is, but I've heard that Coffee and pop/soda don't actually count as water? A friend of mine mentioned in passing that if you drink four glasses of water in a day and then drink a pop, you're only actually drinking three glasses of water(because you subtract 1 glass for every pop/coffee you have)

I haven't looked in to how true this is because I don't drink coffee and I rarely drink pop. That being said, the more plain water vs diet pop she drank, the more the weight came off with little effort, so I'm happy that it works for her!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    kyrah702 wrote: »
    I don't know how true it is, but I've heard that Coffee and pop/soda don't actually count as water? A friend of mine mentioned in passing that if you drink four glasses of water in a day and then drink a pop, you're only actually drinking three glasses of water(because you subtract 1 glass for every pop/coffee you have)

I haven't looked in to how true this is because I don't drink coffee and I rarely drink pop. That being said, the more plain water vs diet pop she drank, the more the weight came off with little effort, so I'm happy that it works for her!

This is not true. The amount of caffeine in soda/pop or even coffee is not enough to have any real effect on your fluid intake. The diuretic effects only kick in when the caffeine is a large amount.

If you are counting soda or coffee or tea in your fluid intake, then be sure to log any calories, either in the soda or in anything that you add to the coffe or tea (milk, cream, sugar, etc.). They will still count toward your daily fluid goal, though.

*Edited to add a quick source: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/caffeinated-drinks/faq-20057965
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Uhh. No. Putting syrup and other things into water doesn't remove the water. Caffeine has a diuretic effect, but it's honestly too small to make any difference unless you're drinking like six cans of soda a day. So no, one can will not "subtract" the glass of water.
  • Bhlinebee
    Bhlinebee Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Staying hydrated can be done in other ways - watermelon for example; think outside the box if just plain water isn't appetizing. Some good suggestions in this thread for sure.
  • rubyandmani
    rubyandmani Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I m the same. I dont feel like I need water at all and my diet isnt particularly water based. our bodies are different and they quite adjust with what we eat. I m like this since my childhood and temp goez up like 45 c where I live. I cant change it and I struggle to get even 16oz a day.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

It is fluids that count (not just water), just discount alcohol. To be hydrated just monitor the colour of your urine.
    Dont overcomplicate it.
    hydration.png
  • jonalu1234
    jonalu1234 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your answers. I found most of them really helpful. A few of you mentioned calories. Everything I use says it has zero calories so I hope that is true.
    Well have a great day everyone! Thanx again!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I don't want to sound rude here but what is wrong with your water supply?

Sure if your water is a bit brown or yellow or smells funny or can be lit on fire I can understand having issues.

But are you guys complaining about the taste of clean fresh water? Unable to drink water with out some flavouring?

This seems very odd to me.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    It's fluid intake that matters - it doesn't have to be all plain water. I wouldn't count soda, and alcohol definitely doesn't count, but any flavored/sparkling water, coffee, tea, juice, etc. counts. Just make sure you account for any added calories.

Actually, water tastes like chlorine where I live.

Same. If you leave a glass of water out for more than 10 minutes it's like drinking a swimming pool.

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I don't know how true it is, but I've heard that Coffee and pop/soda don't actually count as water?
    It is zero true.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Yes