Bride-to-be needing to lose weight before the big day!!

Options
Hello! My name is Ashley and I'm 27. I'm getting married in October, 2016, and need to start losing weight NOW!! Right now I'm at my heaviest, 260lbs. My ultimate goal is to get down to 160lbs, but right now my mini goal is to hit 199 and NEVER be in the 200's again!! For months now I just haven't had the motivation or support around me to start getting healthy again. My fiancée of course supports me in everything that I do, but he doesn't struggle with a weight problem, so it's hard to really understand when you've never been overweight yourself. I'm looking for any and all motivation and support, especially from other brides-to-be! I now have a HUGE reason to want to lose the weight with my wedding in mind, but it's still so difficult doing it on your own. Anyone sharing the same goals and needing some motivation, feel free to add me! :)

Replies

• MonicaElaine2014
    MonicaElaine2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married next year too! In May though. I already bought my dress, however I've gained some weight since then.. It's due to get here in November and I am lookin to lose 20-25 pounds by then! Feel free to add me and we can help keep each other on track!
  • Japessebas
    Japessebas Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley. Congratulations on the engagement. While my goal is not weight loss, I do work with several people that have reached the 100lb 'club'.
    Feel free to add me
  • emmyrn21
    emmyrn21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My fiancé and i just set our wedding date for august of 2016...I might settle for a courthouse wedding for now though instead of big white wedding so that we can focus on buying our first home. I'm currently 220 and my goal is 160. Feel free to add me :-)
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Another bride to be here! We're getting married August 2016. I have my first dress shopping appointment in late September and I'm really trying to drop another 5-8kgs before then. Just so that I don't hate EVERYTHING when I try it on. My FI is very supportive but has absolutely no clue what it's like to struggle with weight, if anything he struggles to keep weight on. I'm hoping our genetics will combine to create super humans.
  • 123sockmonkey123
    123sockmonkey123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Personally, I bought my dress a size larger than I needed. I knew I was gonna EAT! All the stress from planning, etc.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement! I am getting married November 15, 2015! I actually bought my dress in February, right off the rack, because I loved it, it fit and they told me it was no longer available to order. That day I weighed 251lbs. As of today I am 223.2 and feeling amazing. My big concern is that I may not be able to wear that dress because it might be so much too big that they won't be able to take it in. My fiance said if that's the case we'll get me a new dress, he's as proud of my progress as I am. I am finding that MFP is a huge help for me. I like being accountable every day and keeping track of what I am eating and of how active I am. I also got a Fitbit so I have a better idea of my daily calorie burn. I am shooting to lose 2lbs/week right now and so I try to end my week with a 7000 calorie deficit, I don't worry too much from day to day as long as I keep an eye on the total. Feel free to add me, I think sharing progress is one of the best features of MFP.