A quick Q-help please

Options
Hello everyone :) ..if you're taking less calories than you should a day will that stop your weight loss..I take 800 calories out of 1360 calorie a day..but still not losing weight :(

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    The RDA recommended minimum for women is 1200 calories per day and eating under this is unsafe and unhealthy.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :) ..if you're taking less calories than you should a day will that stop your weight loss..I take 800 calories out of 1360 calorie a day..but still not losing weight :(

Riiiiiiiiiight.

You understand that, long term, that's a physical impossibility, right?

Keep it up for, say, another 20 to 30 days and come back and let us know how much you're not losing.

We'll still be her. Will you?

• rubyandmani
    rubyandmani Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    if you arent loosing weight with deficient theb you aren't logging it right. the basic rule. I do sometime around 800-900 calories if I m way too busy that day,, nt everyday and I m loosing quite fast though. saying this I also get quite high cal some days. but its nt safe or healthy and you cant be deficient for long time lower tgen recommended.
    do what is practical.xx
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,645 Member
    Options
    Well if you're RMR is 700 then you won't lose weight. But that would be an RMR for a 5 year old. Unless you have a current hormone of health issue deterring weight loss there's no reason to eat so little.
    If you're eating that much, then your metabolic rate will slow to a crawl. More than likely you're eating more than you think, or maybe you're consuming too much sodium which retains water.
    Do it right. MFP has your calorie settings for 1lbs loss a week (2lbs if you're well over 200lbs). Eat that much. Be consistent and check back in a couple of weeks.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• dandanacutie
    dandanacutie Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Riiiiiiiiiight.

You understand that, long term, that's a physical impossibility, right?

Keep it up for, say, another 20 to 30 days and come back and let us know how much you're not losing.

We'll still be her. Will you?

I will yeah. .I won't give up easily :D

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If you were truly eating 800 a day you would lose, so you're obviously not, and that's a good thing because 800 cals a day is not enough.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

1) you're not logging properly if this is true over time, how long have you been eating a starvation diet

2) IF (big if) you were eating at 800 calories, that isn't sufficient to get the fuel and nutrients your body needs to function adequately ...you know what the first things to suffer will be, as your body diverts what you are consuming to primary functions, your skin, hair, nails...yes you will begin to look awful

Eating at a sustained very low calorie limit for a long while will result in adaptive thermogenisis and will affect your metabolism ...you would continue to lose weight, until you die, but at a somewhat lower rate

Maybe you should stop what you're doing, read the sexypants and calorie counting 101 stickies and start this again...properly
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

1) you're not logging properly if this is true over time, how long have you been eating a starvation diet

2) IF (big if) you were eating at 800 calories, that isn't sufficient to get the fuel and nutrients your body needs to function adequately ...you know what the first things to suffer will be, as your body diverts what you are consuming to primary functions, your skin, hair, nails...yes you will begin to look awful

Eating at a sustained very low calorie limit for a long while will result in adaptive thermogenisis and will affect your metabolism ...you would continue to lose weight, until you die, but at a somewhat lower rate

Maybe you should stop what you're doing, read the sexypants and calorie counting 101 stickies and start this again...properly

Sorry I forgot that MFP, in their wisdom, screwed up the whole useful stickies part of the forum

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,853 Member
    Options
    We'll still be here. Will you?
    I will yeah. .I won't give up easily :D
    The implication @dandanacutie, is that if you are truly netting only 800Cal a day, and you continue to do so for 20-30 days, @SergeantSausage will be here; but, unless you are currently Obese 2, or Obese 3, you won't, because you will be in hospital.

Your picture does not look like someone who is Obese 2 or Obese 3. Frankly, to me, your picture doesn't look like someone who can afford to lose 44lbs.

In any case, assuming that 44 lbs is still within your normal weight zone, the rate of loss you should be aiming for is 0.5 to 1lb a week, i.e a deficit of 250 to 500 Cal.

Which means your eating target is probably close to double what you think you're eating.

Which doesn't mean you're not already eating that if you are not weighing everything on a scale, in grams, and picking the correct entry from the MFP database.

• dandanacutie
    dandanacutie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Well if you're RMR is 700 then you won't lose weight. But that would be an RMR for a 5 year old. Unless you have a current hormone of health issue deterring weight loss there's no reason to eat so little.
    If you're eating that much, then your metabolic rate will slow to a crawl. More than likely you're eating more than you think, or maybe you're consuming too much sodium which retains water.
    Do it right. MFP has your calorie settings for 1lbs loss a week (2lbs if you're well over 200lbs). Eat that much. Be consistent and check back in a couple of weeks.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
    @ninerbuff
    No I don't have any hormone issues ☺..yeah you said it..it's crawling that's howI knew that something was wrong I'm 18 yrs. 171lb but I'm tall a bit so I'm not looking over weight I tend to store fat in my thighs specifically..I do workout for 60 min 3 times a week..I started my journey and lost 5kg following the 800 calories diet a year ago then stopped and my weight remain constant since that when now I'm resuming but it's not working for me anymore still remains constant ...so do you think I should take my MFP required calories and workout more?
  • Dex37
    Dex37 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Why do people try to eat so little? Try taking the other route...exercise & burn more.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    No, your body does not stop losing weight because you eat too little. It might try to lose less than it would if it was healthy and strong - it might fight you - but it won't stop losing because you're not eating a lot.

You should talk to your doctor about how many calories a day you ought to be eating and how your body loses weight.