Meats

Options
psalm6932
psalm6932 Posts: 31 Member
I eat no seafood and I don't really care for grilled chicken. I need ideas for healthy meats.

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Beef: burgers, steaks, roasts, stirfry, cold cuts, sausage, meatballs or meatloaf, stew, chili.
    Pork: bacon, ham, deli meats, roast, meatballs, sausages, casseroles
    Turkey: roasted, bacon, deli meat, in casserole

There's a lot out there: veal, bison, elk, duck, rabbit, deer, sheep, lamb, etc.

Try a meat cookbook and see if anything appeals to you.
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Seafood and chicken are really the only way for super lean meat...it kind of depends on what your goals are to what "healthy meat" means but go with ^ this guy ^ and try some but check the nutrition, especially on pork and ground beef products.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    myrascash wrote: »
    I eat no seafood and I don't really care for grilled chicken. I need ideas for healthy meats.

Don't get hung up on the word 'healthy'. You can eat meat of many varieties. Ground beef comes in quite lean varieties of up to 95% lean, if you like. Strip steak and sirloin, tenderloin also are quite lean. Pork chops are lean cuts. Turkey is a very lean meat. Chicken doesn't have to be grilled, it can be prepared any number of ways.
    A serving of meat is 4 oz, so buy a food scale and weigh your servings of meat.