Hi Im new here....

Options
Hi everybody I signed up for this site a while ago but here I am today actually getting started, yay!
Im not sure exactly how this works but, thought I should at least introduce myself.
My name is Erica and I have about 50 more pounds I would like to loose.
I am down about 56 from a few years ago i lost more but gained around 16 or so back.
I was on a personal mission to get healthy and ended up having a major surgery and that threw a wrench in everything.
If anyone has any tips or advice on using myfitnesspal i would appreciate it
Thanks and have a good night

Replies

• jen_42
    jen_42 Posts: 26
    Options
    Welcome..im new to this site also..from aussie also..this has got to be the best and easiest site ever to lose weight..
    i have tried another in which i wont mention but i had to pay a monthly fee..i lost weight but at a cost to my pocket..and i didnt get the support..here you get support which dosent cost a cent..its a win win..
    Take things slow...its easy to add ur food in..and work out what kind of exercise you want to do..i myself am a walker..and love doing it 1st up in the morning..if i leave it to later i find excuses not to go..

Good luck give us a yell if you want to know something ..cheers :drinker:
  • achoate1183
    Options
    Hi Erica!

My name is Anna and I'm pretty new here too. I started a few days ago. So far I love this site, its been a huge help. If you have any questions about how to use it feel free to ask me. One little tip I've learned -- It seems some of the calorie content listed in the food diary database seems to vary (I assume this is do to the fact that individual users enter the items and then approve them for public use in the list), so unless I know for sure the caloric content of something, I usually do a quick internet search to get a more accurate idea of the exact calories per serving of a specific food. Then if I don't see anything that matches up in the list, I'll just add the calories alone without a title.

Just a little background about myself... I'm 28 and have a goal of loosing 20 lbs. I was down in weight too but gained about 10 lbs back recently (wasn't caring what I ate), so I'm on a mission! Nothing like a trip to the store dressing room and those flattering lights to get you inspired, haha! ;) I know what you mean about surgery interfering. I had a very bad injury to my elbow a couple of years ago that threw a wrench in my fitness goals at the time. Hang in there though, even tiny changes add up.

Well I just wanted to take a moment to welcome you and wish you the best of luck in reaching your goals! I also wanted to congratulate you on those 56 pounds down! Thats incredible - way to go! May I ask how you did it? Feel free to stay in touch if you like. Have a great evening. :)

-Anna
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    bump
  • drlynned
    drlynned Posts: 34
    Options
    I agree that this site is great! People are willing to help, give advice, and be supportive. The food database is amazing! I find nearly everything I eat on here. The exercise database is pretty good too, but not as great. Specific workouts such as p90x isn't on here, but that's okay. And what makes this the best site that I've used? IT'S FREE! :drinker:

Best of luck! (I'm relatively new, and I'm loving it. I'm having success too after being stuck in a plateau for 6 months!)
  • myheartinsf1
    Options
    ok quick question when I reply does it go to you or my original posting??
    I will be using the treadkill and eliptical :)
    Thanks for responding I would request friends but lol I havent figured it all out.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    Welcome! One of the nice things about MFP besides the support, is the fact that if you don't exercise in a conventional way, yet pay attention to food intake you will still lose. Be true to self and log what you eat. Make sure you are honest in your profile, and do the best you can. Again, welcome!
  • bike4now
    bike4now Posts: 52
    Options
    Good luck to you!