Coconut milk?

saadler
saadler Posts: 116
edited September 27 in Food and Nutrition
So last week I bought chocolate soy milk to try for the first time, and after having all of you tell me it was delicious I worked up the nerve to try it. I loved it so much. But you all also raved about the Silk Dark Chocolate Almond milk, so I picked some up today.

Well I guess I'm into the idea of experimenting with fake milks now, and am curious what coconut milk tastes like. Does it taste like creamy coconut or like something else? Do you like it?

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    never had it by itself, but I've used it mixed with some rice, shrimp, and coconut slivers for a marvelous and low cal meal.
  • Its thicker, like whole milk, with (what i consider) a mild coconut taste. If you like coconut at all, you'll like it. I use Almond Milk in cereals and recipes, but prefer to drink the coconut milk straight up.
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Love the almond milk too, makes smoothies delicious : ) & low cal too!
  • Hi there, I'm not much into experimenting with new foods. I once had a boyfriend that liked coconut milk. He didn't drink it though, it was used as an ingredient in cooking. It comes in a small can, so I'd say, give it a try!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    I'd say they're all good. But I know soy is the one with the most protein. The other two have like 1 or 2g..
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    I was curious too, and then accidentally picked it up when I thought I was getting my almond milk. I actually like it - it's light in flavor - not too bad. I've tried it on fruity cereals (banana nut cheerios) and is good for tropical smoothies (banana, mango, straweberry) etc. It's worth a try! :)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    the "coconut milk" you find by So Delicious & Silk is a coconut flavored beverage, NOT coconut milk. You want delicious coconut milk? Make your own or pick up a can of Native Forest :)
  • arcticlynx1
    arcticlynx1 Posts: 33 Member
    Are you talking about stuff in the can, or the stuff in a box labeled as a milk like product? The stuff in a can is not intended to be comparable to cows milk. It is just the actual juice/cream from a coconut. The stuff in a box has been processed to be a bit more like milk.
  • MamaKarrot
    MamaKarrot Posts: 15 Member
    Silk coconut milk (the kind meant to be drank and not the creamy cooking kind in a can) is absolutely delicious. I actually use it in my oatmeal in addition to water when I'm cooking it and it gives my breakfast a good flavor. :D
This discussion has been closed.