How to do Weight Watchers on MFP?

Options
Hello!

I've lost about 14 pounds on WW and love the set-up. However, I feel like I'm ready to lose my last 12 pounds or so on MFP since it is free. I would like to:

1) Develop a daily calorie target that corresponds to 26 WW Points Plus

2) Develop a set weekly "flex" calorie amount that corresponds to 49 WW Points Plus.

Any advice on how to do this, especially (2)? I've googled some of these questions but haven't found good answers.

Thank you!

Replies

• kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    From my research and experience double tracking (out of curiosity): a point is approx 40 calories on average
    - So 26pp = 1040 calories per day, plus calories from fruits, vegetables and other zero point items.
    - The 49 weekly points would be approx 1960

I would probably just recommend just entering your goals here and following the MFP program as it is intended.

If you find a system that works for you, awesome.

• Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Maybe you could stick strictly to WW for a week, but log your food on MFP at the end of the day just to gather data on the amount of calories you have been eating. Then the next week, set MFP for that amount and follow it from then on.
  • esavage89
    esavage89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There is an app called Ultimate Food Value Diary it is just like weight watchers and set up with the point system. I think its a one time cost of $2.99. I think this will work better for you if you want to stick to weight watchers.
  • clynnharris12
    clynnharris12 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! The Ultimate Food Value Diary looks really promising.