visceral fat

Hey does any one know any food that is good with getting rid of belly fat or visceral fa?

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    You cant spot reduce, you just need a calorific deficit as well as patience.
  • krieshacruz
    krieshacruz Posts: 14 Member
    Well how do I count my calories. I'm all new to this stuff. I've never really sat down and counted how many pieces if sausages I eat lol
  • heis4u2004
    heis4u2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Is it fat or bloating. Too much sodium or dairy causes me to seem fatter in the belly.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,910 Member
    You're complicating issues here. You only need to do ONE thing. Eat less than you burn. Calorie in, calories out for weight loss. Genetics will determine where fat will come off.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    How? This is my mfp primer:

Buy a food scale, weigh and log everything.

Do cardio if you want, and if you do, only eat back 50% of your calories (if you are losing faster than expected after logging for a few weeks, then up the % you eat back). Lift weights and hit your protein goal to help maintain muscle mass while losing.

Cheat meals that take you over maintenance will sabotage your efforts. Log the cheat meals too (falls under the 'log everything' rule).

Eat anything you want in moderation, keeping in mind that your diet will be easier to stick with if you chose foods that make it easier to stay under your calories without feeling hungry.

Also it would be a good idea to read some of the best forum posts such as:
    Calorie Counting 101
    Logging Accuracy, Consistency, & You're Probably Eating More Than You Think
    A Guide To Get You Started on Your Path To Sexy Pants

And since you're interested in stomach fat:
    So You Want A Nice Stomach
  • krieshacruz
    Okay Blankiefinder I understand what you are saying and heis4u2004 its belly fat. I just had a baby 9 months ago and the belly fat is like getting worse because I haven't been working out or eating healthy.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    If you follow what I posted, you will learn a lot along your journey; portion sizes, finding a balance between the foods you want and your calorie limit, and that it's okay to take time to take care of yourself.

There is no specific food that is going to help you lose belly fat.

Good luck!
  • krieshacruz
    Thank you :)