Losing weight with GERD

Options
Does anyone have experience with losing weight while suffering with GERD? I have a hard time with it, I was diagnosed a year ago after becoming very sick. I take prilosec daily and it manages the pain that comes with the GERD, however the constant nausea that I deal with isn't so well managed.

I just need to know that there is hope, that you can lose with this disease. My doctor says that I need to lose weight to help with it but then says that my body doesn't process the way a normal body does so its a double ended sword.

Replies

• discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Well last time I lost was unintentionally from GERD. but you still have to eat less. You could try an elimination diet.
  • la14210
    la14210 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I got diagnosed with gerds about a year ago and take prilosec as well and my Dr gave me a paper with all the foods to stay away from. ..basically anything bad for you lol so it should actually help with the motivation to eat better :)
  • skyeonfire
    skyeonfire Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I do eat healthy and exercise but I'm just not losing any weight.
  • pwh300
    pwh300 Posts: 99 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have Larygopharyngeal Reflux (LPR). I've been doing great losing weight. Down 20 pounds and have 10 to 15 more to go.
    I started eating several small meals. I know my weight loss was not due to the acid reflux. I love the food diary and my scale to weigh my food. I was shocked how much I was eating. I did cut out 90% of fried food and spices. I'm on Nexium.