Need help with motivation!

Options
I joined MFP in Dec. of last year and have only lost 5 lbs.

I realize that I'm sabotaging myself and I don't know how to stop.
I really do want to lose weight and be healthy but I keep making excuses for not exercising and eating junk.

How do I get over this never ending cycle?

Replies

• sherrik10
    sherrik10 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    First stop beating yourself up if you get off track. Tomorrow is a new day. Same with exercise. Remember it is a lifestyle change not a diet. I have learned not to judge myself by the scale. I can't seem to lose anymore weight but when I went shopping last night I had to get a smaller size! So sometimes the scale is NOT GOOD!!! Just remember that it took awhile to gain the weight and it will take awhile to lose. Just don't give up! You can friend me if you want to. We all need friends to motivate us:)
  • nancymmorris
    nancymmorris Posts: 310
    Options
    You need to friend people on here to encourage each other and keep each other motivated. Open up your diary so that you will feel accountable to all who can see them. Sending you a friend request now.:smile::wink: :flowerforyou:
  • blasianbarbie
    Options
    I agree with Sherrik10 and nancymmorris! Get a measurer and measure yourself. I have lost 3 inches along my waist line even though my weight is slowly dropping.
  • mikesovoygirl
    Options
    You have to make up your mind that you want to be healthy and that you want to be around for family and friends. My main motivation was brought on when I hit 180 lbs, I had already been diagnoised with high blood pressure & put on bp pills. I also saw what all of the weight was doing to my body, my legs and harms have gotten so big. Then I thought about my children and my grandchildren. Every time I looked at those grandbabies I would always think how much I want to see them grow up,

People say that you're suppose to do things for yourself, but sometimes you have to do it for the loved ones in your life. Think about how your family would feel if you left here because of something that you could have changed and/or controlled. I would not want my children planning my funeral, and saying "IF MOM HAD ONLY LOST THE WEIGHT, SHE COULD HAVE GOTTEN HER PRESSURE UNDER CONTROL & WOULD NOT HAVE DIED FROM A HEART ATTACK. "

ALSO TRY INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES AND SCRIPTURES.....I POST THEM ALL THE TIME ON MY PAGE, NOT JUST FOR MY MFP FAMILY BUT FOR MYSELF AS WELL. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR JOURNEY. AND I'M HERE FOR YOU!!
  • Kathycoco
    Kathycoco Posts: 10
    Options
    I have done that so many times. I am not going to let that happen this time. Send me a friend request and we can encourage each other.
  • julesnpdx
    julesnpdx Posts: 7
    Options
    Wow, talk about getting chocked up. Thank you.